LaptopVideo2Go Forums

r3000 vista 64 driver needed

rdbjbush

HAve tried many drivers am not able to get the yellow exclamation point to leave the device manager.

I know i can't do areo just want the exclamation point to leave. This version vista 64 is very fast even with 512 system ram

Video card built into laptop is nvidia geforce 4 420 go 32m

am will to give 10 dollar reward to solve this

Question: Why are you using Vista 64 bit if you have a 32 bit processor....?

Question: Why are you using Vista 64 bit if you have a 32 bit processor....?

Laptop is powered by a amd athlon 64 bit processor (CPU) at 1.8 g native performance and a rated performance of 3.0ghz

Video chip which is sodered into the compaq r3000 laptop motherboard is a Nvidia Geforce4 420 go with 32meg of ram

Guest rdbjbush
Laptop is powered by a amd athlon 64 bit processor (CPU) at 1.8 g native performance and a rated performance of 3.0ghz

Video chip which is sodered into the compaq r3000 laptop motherboard is a Nvidia Geforce4 420 go with 32meg of ram

Still willing to reward 10 dollars in pay pal more if there is a way to install a nvidia driver for the video card on my laptop.

• 1 year later...
Guest crzejkr
check this out and try it see if it works for u it did for me running xp X64

http://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownlo...nglish_whql.exe

my bad forgot one thing

start the sel install shield then itll fail. after go to c:/nvidia/WinXP64/93.71

in that folder will be ur nice lil drivers....

go in hardware and select the display device ....update drivers.... then choose "install from specific location"....and click the las option " i will choose the proper drivers to install"... then browse ur way to c:/nvidia/WinXP64/93.71

and scoll trough all of em n choose the geforce go mx 420 or 440 depending on which subversion of the compaq r3000 you have , either one should work fine i used the 420 driver install click yes to the" ur pc might become unresponsive etc etc..

then restart the pc and dont be scared if it goes blank black for abouta minute when it loads the x64 OS till a mouse curser shows up. if it goes blank at that point for more than 3 min then i sugest to try the other 440 driver in the same method i explained. if for any reason u have no display reboot and after bios loads hit F8 for OS safe mode options and choose AGP something mode / it will return u to a base resolution with a windows cabable driver helping u regain a display. hit me up and let me know if it works.

mail me at www.myspace.com/crzejkr

hope it helps cus i too dealt with this issue but far worst every posible bad recall or isuue with this laptop i started by fixing the dead charger port that breaks common isue for a freind and i soldered it later it became overblown by over 2k plus viruses so i took it back to install vista when it jkept hanging locking up and shutting off by itself , after much diagnosis many sleepless nights i realized it was overheating , common problem for them , cleaned cpu, heatsink, reseated cpu properly, reaplied thermal cream, reasembled done deal good as new. later installed vista 32bit on 1 HDD and came across the 800mhz max cpu speed issue , upgraded bios power shut down ended up with big plastic lcd paperweight. lmao.

afterwads 2 days i figured how to recover the bios, rann bios recovery and updated it properly, then installed amd's athlon 64/ fx cpu driver and finished of xp worked like a charm fast efficient no mre heating ups and all 1.8 ghz

next nstalled xp pro x64 bit did updates and the above mentioned nvidia video fix "and left xp factory drivers , work best

tried everything out there and figured xp's 64 bit defaults are the best , if it seems to be running at 800mhz on you got to my control panel power options ..show on tray icon and chose the always on profile and now instead of idleing at 800mhz and depending on load peaking to 1.8 ghz will always be at 1.8ghz , but bad batery life but best performance.

and i even peak once in a while to 2.0ghz for some reason. but emperature hits 79.0 C at those times, but its only due to the fact that all this mentioned above has been done running 256mb ram LMAO.

once i upgrade to 2gb max with 400mhz pc3200 it wont bottle neck and overstress the cpu.

ive been working day-night on this ffkn machine lol for a week now and have got all the cons and manfctring flaws (as many as there are) out and have a very fast and stable machine as my secondary to keep up with my tohiba sattelite a215- series pushing 4gb ram duo core

if u guyz have honestly any questions im wiling to help out cus i know how damn frustrating it is wiht this damn machine. but its worth the trouble ,

now all i need left is find supporting X64 bit \drivers for the audio card... pci modem.... and some s*** about base system device....

thanks