LaptopVideo2Go Forums

just got a Arima w810-dcx

tux

Well i got a good deal on my Arima w810-dcx I just won it on a bid on ebay I should have it in about 2 weeks. I have been studying the site cuz i think the mxm is an awsome thing and more manufactures should do this but to get to my real reason for posting

I noticed that the 7900gs on your shop page is an arima special card is that the same as the 6800 go that is in the w810 laptop?

The laptop specs are:

Pentium M @ 2.13ghz

1GB pc 4200(?not sure yet)

80gb HDD

nVidia GeForce 6800 Go /w 256mb

the basic 17" screen which looks o soo sexy

but it looks like a future upgrade for the gfx card id like to upgrade the chip to a core duo but i need to do some more research some shows its a 945 others say 915. (Sry for rambling but also seeing if someone has same model of laptop that could help me there) :)

For some reason, it would seem 7xxx cards do not work in the 810. I have no idea why...

Hi there !

Well, I've got a Medion 95257 which is actually an Arima W810 DCX, with Intel 915 chipset. It has already been upgraded from a 6600 Go to a 6800 Go with the help of Ice-Tea.

But, as Ice-Tea told you, no possibility to upgrade with a 7900 GS. The card fits perfectly in, but doesn't work at all...

Maybe you could have a chance if you get the W810 with the 945 chipset...

I would like to add that if your laptop is fitted with a Pentium M, you surely have the 915 chipset.

You won't be able to upgrade with a Core Duo either, as Pentium M and C.Duo doesn't share the same socket !

And the 1 Gb memory is certainly DDR2 PC4200, as mine is running with it.

I would like to add that if your laptop is fitted with a Pentium M, you surely have the 915 chipset.

You won't be able to upgrade with a Core Duo either, as Pentium M and C.Duo doesn't share the same socket !

And the 1 Gb memory is certainly DDR2 PC4200, as mine is running with it.

well it doesnt matter the guy that i bought it from ebay messaged me saying that he is fradulent and has tried to sell this laptop to someone else but never shipped is pretty much what they said soooo i would like to know which brand of laptop would be best to get that has the type III and or the core duo or core 2 duo style of chipsets. soooo well its off to google but if u know of a good type ill loock back at this place quite often for ideas and that

Fujitsu=Siemens makes a wide range of MXM notebooks. I highly recommend them.