LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v100.64 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Guest Nolazach
yes thats true but in vista the control panel and the nview destop mangager doesn't work any more becuase this driver is made for xp and not for vista...has nobody an idea?? pls need help thx glg

i have the error code 43.....does somebody know what code 43 mean...i heard this is something with the memory of the card.....

no sry the same error this driver doesn't work....code43...

i have tested nearly 30 drivers without an success....:-(

I have te same card in my laptop. I had a bad upgrade on Vista Enteterprise and I couldn't get it to verify for me. So I did a clean install of Vista. On the previous install noting worked but Windows had automaticlly upgraded my driver for Nvidia. On the clean install I can't find anything to work. I have tried to download every single driver I could find for this card.

Is there a way to find the correct files for my driver in my windows.old folder?? Why di Nvdia work on the bad upgrade but not on the clean install??

Is there anything that could be done. I would like to upgrade my card but it is part of the MB

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
yes thats true but in vista the control panel and the nview destop mangager doesn't work any more becuase this driver is made for xp and not for vista...has nobody an idea?? pls need help thx glg

i have the error code 43.....does somebody know what code 43 mean...i heard this is something with the memory of the card.....

no sry the same error this driver doesn't work....code43...

i have tested nearly 30 drivers without an success....:-(

Hi guys my first post. Just want to tell you that I've been able to get GeForce 440 GO 64M to run at 1680x1050 (native) under Vista Home Basic. I had the same "error code 43" problem. I've tried many modded drivers without success. Someone on the board mentioned he messed up a Vista that's upgraded from XP, and had to do a fresh reinstall, which broke his previously working Nvidia driver. So I tried the upgrade approach, and it worked! First I fresh installed XP, went to HP driver download site, downloaded and installed the latest display driver for my notebook (zv5200). I ignored all other missing or non-working device drivers, went straight to Vista upgrade. When the upgrade was done and Vista was up, I saw the same stretched desktop. I checked the display driver it was the same Standard VGA. Then I clicked "update driver", selected custom install, lo and behold, there's a "Nvidia GeForce 440 Go 64M". selected it, and after a while a window popped up saying that the new driver was installed and windows need to restart. Restart Vista, the 1680x1050 resolution was there! I checked the driver details, no doubt it was the XP driver that I downloaded from HP. The date and version number are the same.

Hope this helps.