LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 5200 Go on Vista with VERY POOR gaming performance

Nuno169

Hi all!

I have a Toshiba Sattelite M30-742 with a geforce go 64mb and installed drivers that have been release here... Various versions... It works fine on Aero e overall working, but when I get to games, well... never so bad! Like in PES6 when on XP i used nice level graphics it was always e no problem... very very fine really... But on Vista, forget...

I don't know if i'm the only one having this trouble... The true is that Toshiba doesn't has release nothing to Vista to my laptop so can be other problem...

What it seems to me is that or the Video Card doesn't get off of the low power level... or the Antialiasing doesn't get Off...

If anyone knows something or have the same problem I would like a feedback :)

Thanks All in advance!

Edited by Nuno169

I actually think you have the slowest laptop graphics card truly supported by Vista... Hate to say it, but when you add that to the crappy drivers that are available for Vista right now, you're going to get bad performance.

I actually think you have the slowest laptop graphics card truly supported by Vista... Hate to say it, but when you add that to the crappy drivers that are available for Vista right now, you're going to get bad performance.

2nd slowest :) The GMA950 is officially Aero compatible (although IIRC you need 1GB ram for it to be able to allocate 128Mb to the video).

Back to the point though, what you have in your machine is about the 2nd worst dedicated video solution available in a semi-recent laptop, only topped by the 32mb version. I wouldn't have too many expectations of good performance in Vista just yet.

The other option is to install a 95-series XP driver in Vista using the "have disk" method. This is a requirement for older video cards, but noone really knows how performace compares to proper vista drivers. I might make it a mission to bench it at some stage, see if we get any of the XP performance back.