LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Overheating?

courtlandre

Whenever I play a game (Oblivion, HL2, Company of Heroes, FEAR) when my GPU diode gets around 67-68 stuff starts to appear on my screen. Things like polygons off the guns and also brightly colored textures.

I assume the GPU is overheating. Is there something I can do? I got a chillmat, but it does nothing and I am going to return it. I am using driver version 8.4.2.5 which I believe was reccomended as a good overall driver.

• 2 months later...
Guest Tim
Whenever I play a game (Oblivion, HL2, Company of Heroes, FEAR) when my GPU diode gets around 67-68 stuff starts to appear on my screen. Things like polygons off the guns and also brightly colored textures.

I assume the GPU is overheating. Is there something I can do? I got a chillmat, but it does nothing and I am going to return it. I am using driver version 8.4.2.5 which I believe was reccomended as a good overall driver.

Interesting, I am having the same issue. I have done the exact same thing. I called ASUS on this issue and they said they haven't heard of it yet. So either it is a hardware issue, or it is the fact that the only drivers available are over a year old now.......... it is happening in Tiberium Wars, Civilization IV and a few others.... all games this should not be happening in....

Any new suggestions?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

clean your heatsink from the inside and your fan too............i had the same after having my puter for four months only. now my gpu is 35c hot, before 60+....trust me