LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell M60 - Nvidia Quadro FX Go 1000

8Division

Hello,

I have a Dell M60 Laptop with a Nvidia Quadro FX Go 1000 Graphic-Card.

Since last month I used this laptop job-related with e.g. Adobe Tools.

For that I have a new Lenovo Thinkpad T60p now.

Problem with the "old" M60 is, that the Game performance is very poor.

I'm using the current dell drivers from the dell-support homepage for Windows XP Prof. 32Bit.

I could play World of Warcraft for example with 800x600 with minimum/middle details without AA and AF and have only ~ 20-25 fps.

Ok now I could do two things?`

1. Flash the BIOS from the Quality-based Nvidia Quadro FX Go 1000 to an non-Quadro with more performance.

Then I should have more gaming performance. Of course I need the optimum drivers then for the new non-FX.

2. Only install new drivers for the Quadro FX Go 1000 and don't flash the BIOS of the Card. (Perhaps only Flash with newest Quadro FX Go 1000 BIOS is there is one?)

Could you please help me? What should I do? Variation 1: Is this possible?

Thanks

Is any modded-inf for Windows XP 32 availible? All download links are not working... :/

I have the same Card as you in an Alienware 51-M 766. I always used the Quadro FX 1000 drivers from the forceware driver set and had no problems.I recently switched to Vista though and now I can't play any games cause I can't install a driver without the system locking up during reboot. When i was on XP though I just downloaded the latest Forceware drivers and did a manual selection of the INF file after downloading to c:\nvidia\xxxx. do a manual install and select your driver uncheck anything that only shows compatible drivers and scroll down the list from the nvidia inf file for quadro fx 1000. it's been two years and my card still works fine so if it's OCing it ain't by much.