LaptopVideo2Go Forums

6600go temperature

Clarkey

fitted a 6600go into my amilo 1437g yesterday. It gets to over 70 degrees when gaming, is this too hot?

fitted a 6600go into my amilo 1437g yesterday. It gets to over 70 degrees when gaming, is this too hot?

No, don't worry about it.

thanks, also since fitting it, when i turn the laptop on, the fan runs at maximum speed up until windows has loaded when it goes back to normal. This ok too?

I think the fan is controlled by the GPU and CPU temperatures; CPU over 60 C increases the fan speed. And when loading the system CPU is stressed quite heavily.

• 11 months later...

my request doesnt fit too perfectly here, but didnt find a better thread.

I have a m1439g and changed my 6600 go to a 7600 go, and everything works fine (out of the box) apart from my fan. Doesnt run at all (yes the fan cable is plugged back in, and if i use a 5V source it runs quite fine). As i read in the how tos i could build a fan control on my own (or buy one), but is there any idea why the fan doesnt work any more. (Other user changed their cards without any trouble). Last but not least, where can i buy heatpads for the ram (Prefer Germany). Would buy the ones from mxm, but they are way too expensive for ram heatpads, and till now i only found heatpads with 1,2 Watt/mK (which sounds really bad in comparison to the ones from mxm). Is there anything in between those choices?

Thx a lot daJoe