LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problems with 7600go

Guest Balinju

Guest Balinju

Hi to all,

I have just bought an Acer Aspire 5685WMLi and it has a 256MB Geforce 7600go gpu. Before this one, I had an HP with an FX5600 and used the drivers from this website, and everything worked well.

However, I cannot get this graphics card to work. I tried with the 87.25, 97.44 and 84.25, they all install successfully without any hassel, but when I try to load COD2, i get a blank screen. Sometimes even when I move windows fast, the greyish colour of the windows starts turing into aqua at the edges. Moreover, sometimes windows become dotted...

I'm getting mad at this problem... any help?

cheers

Guest Guest

Sign of dots in windows is a sign of overheating. It's quite possible that your laptop was just not meant to support that kind of temperature (resulting in crash on game).

Guest Guest

is it possible because i am using windows media centre? because most of the time the fan is off, so I am assuming that there is no overheating :s

If I go to advanced button in the display properties, the 7600go tab says that the temperature of the gpu is 50 degrees

bad signs?

i have attached an image of how the windows get blured when I shake it a little bit

post-0-1177810957_thumb.jpg

Guest Guest
is it possible because i am using windows media centre? because most of the time the fan is off, so I am assuming that there is no overheating :s

If I go to advanced button in the display properties, the 7600go tab says that the temperature of the gpu is 50 degrees

bad signs?

i have attached an image of how the windows get blured when I shake it a little bit

It looks like a bad/failing pipe. I'd suggest getting a replacement, what you have is failing :)

Guest Balinju

Hi again,

to make sure that it is not a problem coming from the game itself, I have installed Fifa 07 and exactly the same thing happened with the 2 different brigthnesses of black, however Fifa 07 did quit after several retries with an error saying:

"Fifa 07 Requires hardware graphics acelleration."

Do you still think it is a problem coming from the hardware itself. Regarding driver, I have currently installed 86.02, the version which came with the installation cd of the laptop.

btw I am still seeing the dots on the windows once in a while, I have taken a screen shot of this

post-0-1178023152_thumb.jpg