LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 6800 Go Drivers

Mugent3/t4e

I have a Geforce 6800 Go in my Gateway Laptop and Im using Driver version 78.22 now. I want to update the drivers to the latest version but Nvidia I guess is not supporting the 6800 Go? Im sort of a noob at this so I guess I need to know whats the best version to use on XP and where do I get it from???

Please help!

Ok I'm trying to install the 83.90 drivers and at the install screen I keep getting the Error "The Nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers compatible with your current hardware" I know the driver works from the benchmarks so do I need to uninstall my old 82.10 driver first????? or does the program do it for me?

Ok Sorry guys for not reading how to install the Drivers, Apparently I need the Moddified INF file, any ideas when they will be back up????

Inf files are there, just the links aren't all correct as I figured ^_^

Here the link for the modded inf for the 83.90 drivers you desire:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/infs/80serie...90/nv4_disp.inf

and it's always good to uninstall the drivers first and install the clean/fresh ones :>

to do so just uninstall over the control panel and to make it really cleaned use Drive Cleaner

here also the link to the download page

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

soo..hve fun trying ^_^

Thanks for the help M, one last thing, when installing the new drivers is it normal to get the message about the "Windows Logo Testing" to verify its compatibility with windows XP message?

I'd say it's pretty normal because not every driver will get WHQL signed.

If that is wat u mean ^_^

Especially for lappies; normally just the drivers from the lappie manufacturer don't nag - meaning they have paid for that.