LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Drivers for NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go 64M Card

Guest manooly

Guest manooly

I have an HP Pavilion zv5430us laptop with an NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go 64M grphics card. Could someone please point me in the right direction for getting the most recent/best drivers for my graphics card? I can't seem to locate them and I've been have some problems with my gaming as of late. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

Most recent aren't the best for such an old card, I suggest you check out some of the 60 series gear, they are the best performing for older stuff. 67.66 (i think?) is meant to be a good one.

• 2 weeks later...
Most recent aren't the best for such an old card, I suggest you check out some of the 60 series gear, they are the best performing for older stuff. 67.66 (i think?) is meant to be a good one.

LOL... is the GeForce4 considered "SUCH an old card"?

Not the newest, indeed, but I hadn't thought it would be described thus ;-)

Anyway - I've started a thread about MAJOR slowdown problems with the GeForce4 and 44.68 drivers with modified INF file. Any discussions about this? I've tried searching but found nothing yet

It is old :)

To put it into perspective, it isn't even supported under Vista, at all.

First port of call would be to update to 67.66 drivers, these seem to be quite good for older cards. Newer drivers are optimised for the latest and greatest cards, sometimes at the expense of older models.

Otherwise slowdows (from personal experience) can be from stuff as trivial as having certain programs installed, even if they aren't actively running at the time, hdd needing a defrag, generally just needing to reformat etc.

Whilst you're reinstalling, I'd suggest a totally clean install meaning d/l and extract drivers and replace inf in the folder, boot to safe mode & uninstall old drivers, reboot to safe mode and run DriverCleaner Pro (google it, it's free) and then rebooting again and install using the "have disk" option when windows prompts you to install drivers, just point it to wherever you saved the 67.66 drivers.

If you continue to have dramas, look at the age of your current windows install (possibly time for a refresh), clean up and defrag your hdd (to make sure paging isn't causing your issues), find a good registry cleaner (CCLeaner is my fav), all that kind of gear.

It is old :)

All things relative though :)

My old ATI M4 in my old laptop... now THAT's old LOL

Anyway - talking about things like defragging and other programs running... you don't know *HOW* slow this was! I mean... you right click on the desktop... and 15 seconds later the menu would START to fade in. Clik on a button... and 10-20 seconds later you see the button highlight. All the while, the task manager was running <10%.

I put in other threads that I believe this was a problem with the card itself, since when I put in a GF2 all was well; not to mention the GF4 wouldn't run the laptop screen - only external.