LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Asus a8js

aequitas26

Hello, can someone point me to the correct driver

for this computer?

Asus A8js GO7700 512mb

XP Proffesional SP2

Thanks for all help!

Please be kind enough to check the FAQ section of these forums. They are a treasure for information and include driver recommendations and instructions.

Guest Mike Miffalo
Please be kind enough to check the FAQ section of these forums. They are a treasure for information and include driver recommendations and instructions.

I agree with the first guy, I have the same problem myself with a8js and Vista 64

Nvidia geforce go 7700 is indeed not being supported by many new drivers.

I have tried a lot of drivers but cant find a driver that is fully working without problems.

Even the one reccomended by asus dont work properly.

The drivers stop dreamscenes from working, causes sound problems, cant run dual view, screen blacks out. makes desktop jump to other screen, driver resets, error popus, etc.

Not sure which one is the best but I think the newest "NGO NVIDIA Optimized Driver 1.15822b" seems to be working good and have good performance. It should work for all nvidia cards so maybe it's worth a try. :)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Mike
Not sure which one is the best but I think the newest "NGO NVIDIA Optimized Driver 1.15822b" seems to be working good and have good performance. It should work for all nvidia cards so maybe it's worth a try. :)

It dont work either. Is there anyone with vista 64 on a8js who have actually found a working driver?

(PS. I know about the INF, the drivers just wont work)

(PS2. If you look close, not one of the newer drivers list geforce go 7700 support, why is that, is it a retarded card or something? )

The modded INFs have the go7700 in them.

Are you replacing the original INF with modded one ?

I'm running Vista x64 happily with modded INFs on my machine (not a A8js though)

Guest mike
The modded INFs have the go7700 in them.

Are you replacing the original INF with modded one ?

I'm running Vista x64 happily with modded INFs on my machine (not a A8js though)

Okey, what card and driver are you using?

See, the problem isnt installing the new driver.

The problem is that there is buckets of truble after the install.

Now for instance my driver just collapsed and my main laptop screen blacked out.

All i did was switch output from s-video to vga outut. (since driver only supports two outputs at the same time, I have to do this every time i want to watch a movie)

Seems the drivers dont support more than one screen really, Is there any unofficial drivers out there that works?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also having trouble finding 7700 compatible drivers for XP. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. I don't really know anything about "modded INF files" or anything, but I'll figure it out if anyone can help. Thanks.