LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia Quadro FX Go1400 to Geforce Go6800

poorkid

I read on Notebookcheck that you can change the Nvidia Quadro FX Go1400 (my video card) into a Geforce Go6800 with modded drivers. I know a bit about computers, but I don't know much about INF's. I read up about them on this site, and I figure I need a modded INF or a modded driver to get my Quadro to a Geforce. Is this actually possible to do, and if it is, how can I do it? Also, will it affect the heat of my laptop?

After messing around a bit, I did the Have Disk method, and unchecked the "show compatible hardware" box and picked the 6800 with 97.73 drivers (from this website). Now, in the display properties settings box, it says "(Multiple Monitors) on NVIDIA GeForce 6800" but if i go to Advanced, the tab to the Video card options still says Quadro 1400...

Is this just because the tab in Advanced options is an NVIDIA thing, and I'm actually running 6800 drivers right now, or did I just trick my computer into thinking its using 6800, when it really isnt?

Hope this makes sense.