LaptopVideo2Go Forums

change mi card

bilbo33

hello I need your help...

What it is that of Typo I,II,III, I have an Amilo 3438 and I want to change my card, but I don't Know where to buy neither which to buy.

Thank you for your help

You can buy them with me. More info here. The site has a store and some direct contact info.

Your upgrade options are a x1800 or 7900GS.

The x1800 is a very nice upgrade, but is somewhat hard to keep cool. It requires the heatsink to be modded and Notebook Hardware Control to run in the background. It goes for 335 euro, taxes and shipping included.

The 7900GS is a bit easier but still requires adaptations to the heatsink. Furthermore, I have a had a lot of returns on those cards. It has costed me an arm and a leg to replace them which is why I no longer offer a warranty on those cards. That means the purchase of this card becomes a bit of a gamble. These cards cost 385 euro.

Hope this helps :)