LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Vista 32bit Poor FPS?

Y2BuToNz

Hey all,

I upgraded to Vista a couple of months ago and decided the driver support was EXTREMELY poor. As i game alot i went back to XP and continued to use that for a while...But about a week ago i thought as there was a new Xtreme G Mobileforce driver out for my laptop vid card i wud try those.

But as before the performance was terrible, ive had a read up and found out there's just a general lack of support for vista unless you run a 8xxx card.

Im running a XPSM170 + 7800GTX, basically i wud like to know what you guys have tried and what exactly i shud do to get a decent bit of gaming on vista.

Thanks for any replies people. :)

• 2 months later...

Im having the same issue with my new HP dv9543cl with GeForce 8600M GS

I wish the statement of the 8 series was true, I have not had luck with anything over 20-25 fps in some games, Mostly WoW, and I am using the latest driver HP offered. Anyone know of a newer driver here that 8600M GS is compatible with? Thanks.

well, i have vista 32bit and a go 7950gtx, and tbh, i dont suffer low fps in games. maybe im one of the lucky ones who isnt seeing the problems that vista is bringing. BUT, i can only run games in stable form if i use 9x series drivers. Anything over 1xx causes regular CTDs. Bite the bullet, and try a lower driver version. See if this helps u.

i fail to see why nvidia arent giving the mobile community any reasonable support.

Note to self, if the vista/GO driver drought continues, my next laptop wont have an nvidia gfx card..

well, i have vista 32bit and a go 7950gtx, and tbh, i dont suffer low fps in games. maybe im one of the lucky ones who isnt seeing the problems that vista is bringing. BUT, i can only run games in stable form if i use 9x series drivers. Anything over 1xx causes regular CTDs. Bite the bullet, and try a lower driver version. See if this helps u.

i fail to see why nvidia arent giving the mobile community any reasonable support.

Note to self, if the vista/GO driver drought continues, my next laptop wont have an nvidia gfx card..

Kipp, I have the same setup, tried loads of drivers, no improvment at all, so now Im thinking of going back to XP, hope that would make a difference(my laptop came with preinstalled vista, so I cant tell really). Wow is around 60-70 fps, going down to 30 in some places and I know it should be way better than that ... Could you please tell me what is the exact driver you are using.... might as well try it.

Hey Kipp, will that be ok with a geforce 8600M GS on a Hp lappie?

• 2 months later...
Hey Kipp, will that be ok with a geforce 8600M GS on a Hp lappie?

That driver won't work on your system because 98.08 doesn't support the 8600m GS. In fact, I don't think that anything less than 100 supports our video card.

The best one I tested so far is Vista-32 16501. I'll post my results in another thread.

The best driver i have found for Dell XPS laptops with 7800 or 7900 video cards is the 101.19 for vista from dell. Do a search for the latest driver and in the middle of the page is the performance 101.19 drivers. They work well for most games (outside of bioshock!) and I have been able to get decent frame rates on everything from BF2 to WoW.