LaptopVideo2Go Forums

PLEEEASE ANSWER! i need a good driver

marge_simpson

hi, i have the nvidia geforce fx go5700 and i need a good driver!

i tried sooo much drivers out, i read the FAQ but there isnt the right driver for me

please, could anyone give me a tip?

84.69 should work well for you.

84.69 should work well for you.

ok, i will try out :)

the driver is not good for me...

i get a blue screen...

Blue screens are virtually always caused by having files from different driver versions installed at the same time.

Be sure you have our modded inf in the folder with the driver files, then go into the Windows Control Panel's "Add/Remove Programs" and uninstall "NVidia Drivers."

Reboot, and DON'T allow Windows to install the driver automatically. Instead, tell it you have the driver disk and browse for the location where you've extacted the driver files and the modded inf.

That should solve your problem. Good luck with it!

Blue screens are virtually always caused by having files from different driver versions installed at the same time.

Be sure you have our modded inf in the folder with the driver files, then go into the Windows Control Panel's "Add/Remove Programs" and uninstall "NVidia Drivers."

Reboot, and DON'T allow Windows to install the driver automatically. Instead, tell it you have the driver disk and browse for the location where you've extacted the driver files and the modded inf.

That should solve your problem. Good luck with it!

yes, and i exactly did that, really i know how to install drivers

i ever go to the hardware manager and deinstall the graphic card BUT that takes the same effect like i would deinstall the NVIDIA display driver, because if i

deinstall the graphic card with th ehardware manager, the NVIDIA display driver entry at the software display is away

Edited by marge_simpson

yes, and i exactly did that, really i know how to install drivers

i ever go to the hardware manager and deinstall the graphic card BUT that takes the same effect like i would deinstall the NVIDIA display driver, because if i

deinstall the graphic card with th ehardware manager, the NVIDIA display driver entry at the software display is away

ok, i tried it a second time.... and EXACTLEY LIKE YOU SAID.... blue screen

thank you for your help, but thats not the right driver for me :-/

I see there's another post today from someone else who's having problems with 84.69. I'm not sure why. It's generally been an excellent driver.

I see there's another post today from someone else who's having problems with 84.69. I'm not sure why. It's generally been an excellent driver.

hmm, the driver is from dell, my pc is from hp, probably thats why i have the problem

For FX series drivers I always suggest the 67.xx drivers. 67.66 and 67.02 are good from my experience.

If you really want to try 8x.xx, then 81.26 and 82.10 were good in my Acer/go5700/128MB.

If you really want to try 8x.xx, then 81.26 and 82.10 were good in my Acer/go5700/128MB.

ok, i will try some drivers, thank you