LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HP DV9000 / Nvidia GO7600

ChilinMichael

I have recently tried (2) Nvidia 90-series drivers from this site, and both gave me this one issue. Certain DVD's when I go to play them chop up and do not play right at all, while all other video and SOME dvd's play correctly and look way better than the previous HP-included 80-series forceware. I want to get this going and fixed because of the abilities of the 90 over the 80, and how much better the video looks.

97.92 has played videos well on my Acer/go6800. 1xx.xx give just troubles.

97.92 has played videos well on my Acer/go6800. 1xx.xx give just troubles.

I have re-attempted the install of the 97.73 drivers and used the modified INF and they seem to be working well for me. The only question now is where did the "newer" style menu for nvidia with the 9-series drivers go? (I don't have it now for some reason, only classic) and the ability to change the video colors and such independently from the rest?

I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to what video driver is best for my laptop. I seem to notice an issue that low-res movies get slower at full screen, it could be me but i'm not sure. I really like the 90-series drivers in that they make video look much better with all the added options. As stated before I also want to know where the "new" style nvidia menu went even though I upgraded my video driver from here to the 90-series?

I have 97.92 working. Everything seems a-ok. One quick question, I noticed it now says my laptop display is at 50hz??? Why is this, and is it something to worry about?