LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Asus G1 Notebook w/ nVidia GeForce Go 7700

conceptfury

Hi, I am an owner of two ASUS G1 with the following specifications,

Intel Core 2 Duo T7200

2GB DDR2 RAM 667

nVidia GeForce Go 7700 w/ 512MB

Running OEM Windows Vista Ultimate and an earlier release with Vista Home Premium

My questions is... Can I upgrade my graphics card??

or not... Can anyone point me to the direction of a good video driver for it? also overclocking abilities too?

I have been reading this forum for a little over 2 weeks now, and I seem to be unable to find anything.

It seems to me that the nVidia GeForce Go 7700 have very much been left out, I only find 7600, 7800, 7900.

Even on nVidia's own website, information on the 7700 is very little, maybe it is a less common card?

Any help is greatly appreciated, also some guidelines on how far to go with stable overclocking would be great too.

Thanks in advance!

Jackson.

Hi Jackson,

I don't know about the G1.. I never saw the internals of the notebook, so I don't know if it is based on MXM or not...

Guest Guest

I'm about to get my g1 and i'm already searching for drivers, i agree that it seems to be really hard to find drivers for the go 7700. Why.. i don't really know, seems to me that the computer makers, i.e. asus in this case are slacking with the drivers. I will probably run vista 64-bit and xp 32-bit incase some apps/games won't run. Anyway.. the one driver i found that may work is here.. http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1530 it's a beta driver however I find guru3d to do pretty reliable drivers and it's a forceware driver so i would atleast give a try. Good luck with the searching. Also pls post if you try the driver and tell us the results!?

Regards

Sebastain

• 5 months later...

*Note: I posted this at http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread...014#post2650014

**Not sure if it's ok to post regarding another but I hope this helps.

What's up guys.

Since I know how tough it is to get info about this video card, I just wanted to share which setup worked best for me.

I use ATI tool to overclock. As for my video driver, I use Extreme-G MobileForce. You can't go wrong with this driver. It will boost your video card's performance by a lot.

Since this is my first post I don't know how the resizing works for picture but here's my benchmark for 3DMARK06. OC'd at 523/501

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...p1/bench06.jpg

Let me know how it goes!

Lates!

• 2 months later...
Guest Poussin60
Intel Core 2 Duo T7200

2GB DDR2 RAM 667

nVidia GeForce Go 7700 w/ 512MB

Running OEM Windows Vista Ultimate and an earlier release with Vista Home Premium

Hi

I'm looking for a new laptop to buy, and one of those I found is similar to yours (except it runs Win XP Pro).

I'm wondering if the GeForce Go 7700 w/ 512MB (ASUS) is better (or not) than a GeForce 8600M GT 256Mo (ASUS too) to play recent and heavy games such as FEAR, Bioshock, NFS or Crysis (NB : for this one I don't expect a good detail level with such graphics cards).

I read e.g. that Bioshock needs DX10 whereas the Go 7700 doesn't support it. Is that true ?

Thx for your advice

Guest Ed Oscuro

Bioshock doesn't require DX10, but will utilize it for some features (the demo says certain details are DX-10 only, and DX-10 should probably give it a small performance increase as well).

• 5 months later...
Guest Guest

Conceptfury u asked if u can change ur graphic card on ur asus G1, the answer is yes, i have an asus G1 with 4G of ram, nividia 9500m GS and core 2duo, so it a 100% u can change ur graphic card since we have the same laptop also i wanna let you know that changing a graphic card isnt easy its a lot of pain

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, Ive got Asus A8JS and it has the same Geforce GO 7700 on XP... and I reallly can't find any Drivers that would would work. Has any1 had any luck finding anything compatible or is it a lost hope?

Edited by Odai

• 8 months later...