LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Black Screen with mouse arrow

moto1000

Hello,

since yesterday I have a problem with Windows Vista Home premium which is installed on a 2-nd partition of my NB hard disk beside XP.

The boot process runs off normally, however before ordinarily the Vista logo comes the screen becomes black - only the mouse arrow is there and can be moved. I use an Autologin and I think that the boot process runs through up to the end, because the hard disk still goes on working for some time.

Then after 15 min. my NB goes, as opposed, in the "power saving mode": then after reactivation "Resuming of Windows" can be seen normally, but then the screen again becomes black.

Has already tried all possibilities under F8 (secured mode, starting with the last functioning settings...) - always with the same result; also the repair console of the Vista DVD could not find any boot problems and, unfortunately, a restoration point is not found.

Also I wanted to try to connect my TV, to see the desktop again that I can reinstall some drivers (graphic, screen), however, the XP-key combination for the TV putput (FN+F5) does not seem to function under Vista.