LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Sony AR Series with Nvidia Geforce Help

mwarren

When I attempt to play Tiger Woods on my Sony VGN-AR370 running a Nvidia Geforce Go 7600GT the screen goes black, I hit CTRL-ALT-Delete and stop game I get an error that states nvidia driver stopped responding but has recovered.

After contacting Nvidia and listening to them blame Sony and Vista I contact Sony, they state its not thier problem they have no warranties on 3rd party software and I need to contact EA Games,so I email EA games and they tell me to contact Nvidia.

I have installed the latest drive from sonys website and all the drivers from Nvidia's website, I have also spend a lot of hours on Google to look for a fix but nothing has worked.

My laptop

Sony VGN-AR370

Core- DUO 2.0GHz

2048MB RAM

Nvidia Geforce Go 7600GT 256k VRAM

2- 120GB Harddrives RAID

BlueRay burner

Microsoft Vista Business

Edited by mwarren

When I attempt to play Tiger Woods on my Sony VGN-AR370 running a Nvidia Geforce Go 7600GT the screen goes black, I hit CTRL-ALT-Delete and stop game I get an error that states nvidia driver stopped responding but has recovered.

After contacting Nvidia and listening to them blame Sony and Vista I contact Sony, they state its not thier problem they have no warranties on 3rd party software and I need to contact EA Games,so I email EA games and they tell me to contact Nvidia.

I have installed the latest drive from sonys website and all the drivers from Nvidia's website, I have also spend a lot of hours on Google to look for a fix but nothing has worked.

My laptop

Sony VGN-AR370

Core- DUO 2.0GHz

2048MB RAM

Nvidia Geforce Go 7600GT 256k VRAM

2- 120GB Harddrives RAID

BlueRay burner

Microsoft Vista Business

Hi just out of curiosity, have you tried programs such as 3dmark05 and got crap performance?

It seems VISTA is the real villain in the history. I own a Toshiba P105 S9337 and was having a bunch of problems like frame rate drops every 2-3 seconds and black screen crashes. Every owner of this model was totally pissed off with Toshiba for selling this machine as a gaming notebook.

As usual no one seems to be taking responsibility. Nvidia blames the notebooks and say that the notebook drivers are machine specific. It turns out that they do have drivers for XP and just don't seem to care about making a proper driver for vista.

Well, I hope for your sake that the game itself is the problem. Sry for the rant.

• 4 months later...
Hi just out of curiosity, have you tried programs such as 3dmark05 and got crap performance?

It seems VISTA is the real villain in the history. I own a Toshiba P105 S9337 and was having a bunch of problems like frame rate drops every 2-3 seconds and black screen crashes. Every owner of this model was totally pissed off with Toshiba for selling this machine as a gaming notebook.

As usual no one seems to be taking responsibility. Nvidia blames the notebooks and say that the notebook drivers are machine specific. It turns out that they do have drivers for XP and just don't seem to care about making a proper driver for vista.

Well, I hope for your sake that the game itself is the problem. Sry for the rant.

Where could I find the P105 S9337 XP drivers at? I've been trying to hunt those down forever so I can be rid of Vista.