LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA GeForce M Series MXM?

__-_-_-__

Are the new Nvidia GeForce M Series MXM? If they are, wich type are wich one of them?

GeForce 8400M G, GeForce 8400M GS, GeForce 8400M GT, GeForce 8600M GS, and GeForce 8600M GT

A GPU is just a chip, has nothing to do with MXM. ODM's decide on the formfactor they put them on.

what can we expect from these new GPU's ?

They have been launched this week.

According to Nvidia's official site they are MXM. Now we have to figure out what type and were set.

They may well be available in MXM format, but this does not mean all manufacturers will incorporate them as an MXM module. Many still may be a proprietary modular format, or integated directly ino the motherboard itself.

there are no 8800M cause the G80 chip produces too much heat and consumes to much power. Nvidia will make a G81M instead. so I think the 8400M are type I and 8600M typeII and G81M will be type III

8800 cards wil be released this summer.

8600 should be on Type II.

• 3 months later...

I don't know if your notebook is MXM. I've seen 8400s on both Type II and Type I

hi

all i got ASUS z53S

stock model :

Z53S NB Core 2 Duo T5250 1.5GHz/15.4"/1GB/120GB/GeForce 8400M/DVD+-RW/WLAN/BT/Vista Home Premium

its Geforce 8400M G, is it posible tu upgrade my GPU to 8400m GT, or even 8600M GS/GT

and if its posible, tell how to do it :/

ty for anvers

Don't know if this one has MXM :)

You'd need to pop the hood to check and keep in mind you may be voiding your warranty while doing so.

Doesn't really mean anything. Manufucaturers do what they want, so a 8400 could be onboard, Type I, II, III or IV or soemthing they cooked up themselves.