LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v160.03 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Yes.. It works for the Go 7400 too .. :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cleverpea

• pida

• wolfy317

• silca

Guest strange

hey i just bought an asus f9j with geforce go 7300. running windowsvista32. yea

so since ive put up with all the nonsense about vista, i decided to install halo2 to make it worth my while.

while using the original version (got the laptop one week ago) the installer of halo 2 said my driver was out of date. so i came here looking for updates.

after installing this update, i started the game and it didnt play very well. all the characters lost their colours, they still retained their shape and stuff, but they only lost their colour and alot of other details.

how can i solve this? thanks.

Hey all, I'm new to the forum, and was hoping that these drivers would be the way to go to fix my problem. I've got a dell xps m1210 with the Go 7400 (advertised as a 256mb and learned that it was actually only 64 onboard..talk about not being happy) 1.5gb of ram (random right?) and the core 2 duo 1.8ghz running vista. I've been having some serious game problems. It doesn't seem to matter what resolution or level of detail I play any of the games at they'll lock up my system at some random point, usually only a minute into it. I've tried Halo, Halo 2, Call of Duty 1 & 2, and F.E.A.R., and everyone of these at low to lowest possible settings and they still just freeze up forcing me to reboot. Does anyone else have this problem with the Go 7400? Guess we'll see what these drivers can do! Thanks All

Well the drivers seem to be working, though I still get an error message stating that the display adapter has stopped working and reovered. It seems to be able to play the games with less freezing though. Although, this card still really sucks lol. I hope nvidia will come out with some support drivers soon and send em over to dell. Or dell get them...however that works.

will these drivers work for a geforce go 6100? it says geforce 6100 but not go so i thought i better check

Just thought i'd mention that I decided to allow windows update to update the Go 7400 and it's working much better, so if you're still having trouble with yours, you might try that.

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me with this.

I've got a Rock Xtreme SL PRO with 2 7950GTX graphics cards installed in SLI. I have just installed Vista (business) & installed drivers 160.03 with modded INF. When I run my games in SLI mode the screen continuesly flickers & thats on all games (Oblivion, STALKER, NFS Carbon ect).

Can anyone help?

Guest Oliver

Currently SLI can be enabled but only one card works.

the flicker is the second card not rendering your screen.

I wish they would come out with a driver already I've been without SLI since February

Guest Ricket

Card: NVidia GeForce Go 7900GS (laptop)

Supreme Commander now has weird graphics glitches, I'm not sure how to describe them. They are like pixels of random color all over the screen. My last driver did not have these glitches, sorry can't remember the version of the last driver I had.

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 also is very very weird... I wish I could capture a video or something. It doesn't fully clear the screen, and there are weird colors and markings on the screen.

However, OpenGL seems to work great, because Sauerbraten (http://sf.net/projects/sauerbraten/) plays just fine. I can't tell whether it is any more smooth, although I would assume it to be, but the graphics seem fine.

Sorry I don't really have any other programs to test this with, I know this is an odd collection of games but I don't play many games and I usually uninstall them when I get bored of them. I hope this helps, obviously this driver is not ready for prime time.

~Ricket

Currently SLI can be enabled but only one card works.

the flicker is the second card not rendering your screen.

I wish they would come out with a driver already I've been without SLI since February

AH! ok,

Thanks for the speedy reply. will this driver be ok in single card mode as sli is causing problems with some of my programs?

Guest Guest

Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting pretty frustrated with nvidia. I mean, it's not like they didn't KNOW Vista was coming out, and there were many, many betas and RC's they could have tested SLi with, AND I am sure Microsoft gave them plenty of support / preparation time that we didn't know about. And yet here we are, June, many months after Vista was released, and still no SLi.

Ok, done venting now...

Guest Oliver
Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting pretty frustrated with nvidia. I mean, it's not like they didn't KNOW Vista was coming out, and there were many, many betas and RC's they could have tested SLi with, AND I am sure Microsoft gave them plenty of support / preparation time that we didn't know about. And yet here we are, June, many months after Vista was released, and still no SLi.

Ok, done venting now...

It's complete BS they've only concentrated on SLI for their latest series cards to keep their sales up.

They are completely neglecting the 7 and lower series.

I took the leap in Feb. when vista was released thinking at the most I would be waiting a month.

It's ridiculous, I will seriously consider a non Nvidia based system on my next purchase.

hi, i'm new to the laptop world.I just got an Asus G1S with 8600m GT/ Vista home premium.

I just want to be sure this is the right driver for me.

thanks

Also why there is no "inf" beside the file on the website. I tought i need it.

Ok, done venting now...

No, it's not just you. I'm not a gamer, less performance doesn't bother me much. What do bothers me A LOT, to say the least, is the lack of day-to-day things, like Powermizer controls. Two thumbs down, Nvidia.

Installed these last night going up from 97.55 I think.

I've not actually managed to play anything yet so I can't comment on that but my HL2 / CS:S stress test result went up from 88.6 fps to 121.4 fps. That's a huge increase.

However, 3DMark 06 dropped 150 points from about 5051 to 4896.

V.

Guest DAEDALUS

:)

VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE

I have a Benq R55 Core Duo 1.8 2 Gb Sys Memo - GeForce Go 7400 128 + 128 (TC)

I installed the 160.x driver for vista 32

and now my "Display Setting" - "Advanced Settings" window says:

128 Mb Dedicated video memo

and

495 Mb allocated system memo

Total:

623 Mb Video Memo

Will this driver burn my lap top if I use it this way?

Hey guys, I have a nice experience down here!! I found 160.04 on Gru3D, downloaded and mod the inf by myself use the 160.03 which is provided on top of this thread. When I replay for few hours in World of Warcraft TBC, I found significant change in fps. How can I say, it will still become stucking sometimes but normally the fps does not drop too much. For example, under 160.03, the fps ususlly change between 62 - 30 even to 28 every 3-5 seconds, that's why we feel it was not as smooth as XP, but now it does not drop under 40 and most of time it could stablize at 52+ fps. Sounds amazing, I will suggest someone to try the 160.04 while you want to feel by yourself.

The good thing I feel is now I could see Nvidia is working hard on Vista's driver development, I hope we could use a "real performance" one soon in the future which will bring us confidence to stay on Vista!!

Guest Magius
I took the leap in Feb. when vista was released thinking at the most I would be waiting a month.

It's ridiculous, I will seriously consider a non Nvidia based system on my next purchase.

To play the :) 's advocate, the changes in Vista's rendering path changed quite dramatically from XP, almost to the point of having to start from scratch. Then you have the "sweet" addition of all the mandatory DRM infections that only complicate matters...

I mean, if it were Nvidia only problems but the other camps have similar issues, so everything seems to point to bigger issues beyond just upgrading a driver model.

That said, I agree, it sucks...

Guest Oliver

No excuse, Not like they're curing cancer. Just making a ###### driver for an operating system that has been in beta for what 2 years?

The main focus of Nvidia was new sales which really sucks for loyal/old Nvidia customers.

I wrote my reply about 160.04 just 3 floors up. It was fantastic!! I own one toshiba P100 with 7900GTX, now the 3d performance become much more smooth now, I found the problem may represent something: when I am playing WOW, it is still stuttering at the beginning for few mins but soon after my fan is ran on a constant speed( about 70% of its maximum), the FPS become really stable then. Try it and discuss later!

hello people,

Hey i this is my first post, and I want to Thank you guys for your time and dedication to make this happen. the Faqs are outstanding easy to follow, i was finally able to install my video card driver and i learned something new. the modded INF. Now i can help my friends with their drivers installation. So Thank you Very much guys. :) :)