LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v94.24 XP 32bit |

mobilenvidia

Thanks for the heads up, everyone. There were some Russian language files in the beta version that aren't in nvidia's released version.

Here's the fixed inf. I'll add it to to the top post later today.

nv4_disp.inf

Guest Blahman

Thanks that fixed the install errors, but now I am getting the previously described hanging. Going to try 93.71 instead, guess this one's just not in the cards for me :)

Well I tried your new .inf and it still doesn't work.

In safe mode, peviously uninstalled the old drivers and cleaned with driver cleaner pro..

I tried the english driver from NVIDIA as well as the international package..

It's always the nvcodins.dll which can't be copied..

No idea what causes the installation to hang-up..

I'm back to my 97.92..

This one works..

You've clearly got one of the machines that won't accept this driver. It's not that nvcodins.dll can't be copied. It's just the last file that was copied before the configuration process began, which is where the hang is occurring.

Thanks for all the work guys, but sorry, I'm tired of trying..

I'll wait for the next official release..

Better luck next time...

See ya!

Guest envydyauser

with my GF Go 7300 I went from :

Toshiba 84.68 -->

this site's 97.92 -->

this site's 97.94

and it was in the last move that got the "hang half way" prob.

I think the real difference is whether you do uninstall the previous driver before launching the update, or not.

In my first driver update I followed the procedure religiously, and it was flawless.

With the second, I ignored the uninstall step and got the error.

I then deleted manually each and every nvidia file from \windows\system32 (careful : do it from Safe Mode and could then install 97.94.

I suspect the problem is that some files (notably "nvcodins.dll") are flagged in-use, and the installer/updater just cannot replace them, and waits there.

So while I have a working 97.94 driver, I now have the "nvsvc32.exe" problem (eating 15% of my DC).

Does anyone know if this problem exists in the official (and latest : 31MAY2007) version 94.24 ????

thanks in advance

envydyauser