LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA® GeForce® 8M Series - Introduced

smuttytusker

HI Guys

It seems nVIDIA has introduced the DirectX10 compatible Mobile series cards. MSI showcased a few of them a couple of months back.. but not with much of details.

Does any one help me out in sourcing one for my HP Pavillion dv9335nr, which now has a Geforce Go 7600 GS. with HDMI output.

The system came with Windows Vista-Home Premium, which I have erased and put in Windows XP Pro.

But the drivers doesnt seem to support the HDMI output. I am unable to configure it either.. someoneplz help me in this.. with the Right Driver version.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Louie
HI Guys

It seems nVIDIA has introduced the DirectX10 compatible Mobile series cards. MSI showcased a few of them a couple of months back.. but not with much of details.

Does any one help me out in sourcing one for my HP Pavillion dv9335nr, which now has a Geforce Go 7600 GS. with HDMI output.

The system came with Windows Vista-Home Premium, which I have erased and put in Windows XP Pro.

But the drivers doesnt seem to support the HDMI output. I am unable to configure it either.. someoneplz help me in this.. with the Right Driver version.

I have the same laptop- Just reinstall vista and that will fix your problem. I was wary of vista at first, but after using it for the last 3 weeks I am a believer. Not a single imcompatable game, program, or driver. My 3 year old hp printer/scanner worked as soon as I plugged it in w/o even installing a driver. This computer is not meant to run xp/ xp pro- Sorry but you are going to have more problems trying to run that Operating system on that computer.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mike
I have the same laptop- Just reinstall vista and that will fix your problem. I was wary of vista at first, but after using it for the last 3 weeks I am a believer. Not a single imcompatable game, program, or driver. My 3 year old hp printer/scanner worked as soon as I plugged it in w/o even installing a driver. This computer is not meant to run xp/ xp pro- Sorry but you are going to have more problems trying to run that Operating system on that computer.

Hi.I got a solution. I have the same laptop too. First, reinstall Vista. Then insert it into the extra drive bay. Go buy a new sata hard drive with the MOUNTING ADAPTER! Or perhaps you want to go to Hewlett Packard site and order the adapter seperate. The part number for the bracket is 434106-001 and it cost $39.00 US. Next install XP onto the new hard drive. You are now set to dual boot your system. Vista will run from any drive bay. Nice thing about Vista. When you want the options that only Vista has you have to boot into that system. Now you go like two systems. Maybe you want three systems too. Then put Linux 2.4.xxx onto a partiton for new drive too. Yeah I know its getting messy now. The laptop was offered with XP so I would have thought there would be everthing needed to convert over. Have fun.