LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia Geforce Go 6150 Performance

Tata

Hi,

I`ve a HP DV6125Se, with Geforce Go 6150 and 2Gb of Ram (Turion X2 1.66 TL56).

With Windows Vista Business and HP Drivers for 6150, i`ve only 2,4 in Windows 3D Gaming.

With my old Intel 950, i`ve a better performance than this (at least in Windows Experience Index)

If i try to install any NVIDIA Forceware Driver using Executable file, i`ve a message that my graphic card cannot be found or it`s incompatible.

Using .INF files from forceware, i can found many cards, but not Geforce Go 6150. I try to install only 6150 and run Windows Experience again, and have the same 2,4 from 3d Gaming.

Is there anything else i can do in this case, to improve performance of 6150 or 6150 is worst than 950 GM?

Regards,

Emerson

From a technical standpoint the 6150 is way better feature-wise and is a fully compliant DirectX 9.0 chip. The 950 offered by Intel really is just a barebones video chip that has really minimal DirectX support for DirectX 9.0 features and little or no DirectX 10 support. The 6150 actually has a DirectX 10 wrapper driver for it as do all DirectX 9.0 compliant GeForce cards.

What you might be experiencing is probably some of the advanced features like Pixel Shaders, Texture Filters, etc. now actually being used by the GeForce 6150 being used where the 950 simply bypassed them.

Try setting your card's features in the Nvidia Controls to the performance and optimized settings. This should give some speed to your applications using DirectX and OpenGL's 3D features.

From a technical standpoint the 6150 is way better feature-wise and is a fully compliant DirectX 9.0 chip. The 950 offered by Intel really is just a barebones video chip that has really minimal DirectX support for DirectX 9.0 features and little or no DirectX 10 support. The 6150 actually has a DirectX 10 wrapper driver for it as do all DirectX 9.0 compliant GeForce cards.

What you might be experiencing is probably some of the advanced features like Pixel Shaders, Texture Filters, etc. now actually being used by the GeForce 6150 being used where the 950 simply bypassed them.

Try setting your card's features in the Nvidia Controls to the performance and optimized settings. This should give some speed to your applications using DirectX and OpenGL's 3D features.

I`ve problems with Nvidia drivers. Is there any way to solve that or use a optimized kind of drivers?

Right now, i`m using HP Nvidia drivers, and my board isn`t reconized as a Geforce Go board...

In this forum, i can`t see how can i download .inf files or modified drivers to solve that..

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Hello,

Try drivers such as these, you just need to download the driver and the modded inf. Extract the driver and copy the modded inf into the new directory (replace old file). Your card should now be compatible with these drivers.

This driver set is fairly recent, and not bad, so maybe you will see some improvement in 3d score.

Having said all that - I wouldn't put too much stock in the Vista Performance scores, I've seen identical rigs get very different scores. Playing games and running benchies like 3dmark will give you a better idea of overall performance.

• 10 months later...
Guest Craig

Hey there. I have the same comp. And of course the same problem. The real problem is that Maximum PC magazine wrote an article that the only graphics card at the time and this is when the Geforce 8800 came out is the Nvidia Gefore 8800. It was an I believe designed to be completely compatable with Directx 10. As I said I had the same problem. I even restored my computer four times. I realized that my gaming experience was only compromised after allowing Windows Vista to update. My computer has no issues right now and Windows update gets no attention from me right now.