LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Alienware m7700

gotanks0407

i just purchased but have not recieved this Alienware m7700 and was wondering if i could upgrade to a 7950GTX and if they are available?

Also i got this laptop with a great deal and it is here

and i bought this knowing i have great upgrade potential since it is a real desktop processor socket 939 and i think it can handle 2 GB of ram.

also i can not find a good laptop geforce go driver for xp x64 and vista x64 help to find these would be great.

Edited by gotanks0407

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrZell

Heya, I know this doesn't answer your upgrade question, but I'm trying to find a replacement video card for my own m7700 (my geForce Go 6800 Ultra crapped out on me), and if you are going to upgrade then I'd really be interested in purchasing that 7800 you have, if you intend to get rid of it. I've been looking all over the internet trying to find a card (any card, at this point) that will work, but to no luck. If you're interested in selling, I have an E-Bay account under the name of "Alpharienomega," and have Pay-Pal and all that. Also, I can be reached at aro_187@hotmail.com, but I'll be periodically checking back here as well. Thanks.

Heya, I know this doesn't answer your upgrade question, but I'm trying to find a replacement video card for my own m7700 (my geForce Go 6800 Ultra crapped out on me), and if you are going to upgrade then I'd really be interested in purchasing that 7800 you have, if you intend to get rid of it. I've been looking all over the internet trying to find a card (any card, at this point) that will work, but to no luck. If you're interested in selling, I have an E-Bay account under the name of "Alpharienomega," and have Pay-Pal and all that. Also, I can be reached at aro_187@hotmail.com, but I'll be periodically checking back here as well. Thanks.

These guysmight be able to help you..

http://cyber-system.de/exp_category.php?categoryid=260

well their cards are a little expensive at the moment. if i was going to spend that much on a graphics card i would spend it on my pc. since i have quad sli and i want to upgrade to 8800s. but thanks for that website find.

Also MrZell can you tell me what wireless card came in your computer because i can not figure out which one so i can not figure out which driver to use.

Edited by gotanks0407