LaptopVideo2Go Forums

installed 77.77 now my pc wont display anything

Guest cameron

Guest cameron

Just installed 77.77 drivers on my pc because of a random error with world of warcraft where the screen flickers with green squared dots (never experienced this before even after hours of gameplay) and now it wont even display anything after the restart, the monitor it definently working because i tested it on another machine, im running a toshiba p30 with nvidia fx 5700 go, 3.2 pentium 4 and 1gb of ram. Neither the monitor on the laptop its-self or the 19 inch flat pannel i have plugged in display anything and i cant get into windows and rectify the problem when i cant see anything. Is it possible that my grafix card has blown or maybe is it just that that the card doesnt like the drivers?

Do you see the BIOS screen when you first start the computer? If not, there's something wrong with the graphics card. Either the video cable is disconnected, the card is loose in its socket, or the card is toast.

If you do see the BIOS screen, hit F8 and boot into Safe Mode. That will let you uninstall the new driver and reinstall your previous one.

Guest cameron

No i dont see the bios screen or anything, tryed to log into windows blind a few times with no luck which leads me to believe its displaying some kind of error message but one that i cant read due to the problem with the grafix card. Going to try very carefully taking the laptop apart and checking everything is seated in its place proporly, got nothing to loose because its out of warrenty.

Also, it could be the screen that's not working. Check the cable connections there too. Better yet, attach an external monitor and see what happens.

Guest cameronelkin

its definently not my 19 inch monitor that i have pluged into the vga, tested it on another machine and even the built in screen that usually works aswell isnt displaying anything either.

Well that makes it pretty definite that the video card is fried.