LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba M40

manouel

Hello,

I have a toshiba sattelite M40-155, and I want to upgrade the graphic card but I don't know if it's possible. I have seen near the memory slot a possible graphic port (MXM) because the Satellite M40 canadian is built with a 6600Go. That's why I think it. I want to verified it by opening my laptop but I don't know how to perform. I search for the service manual of Satellite M40 but I have found it just for the M30.

If someone had any ideas??

Thanks.

I have open my laptop to see if it was a MXM X600 video card and I find a graphic port... I don't if it's an MXM but a seems to be one.

spa0109qo2.jpg

Is it possible for me to update my graphic card with another MXM module????

Thanks.

post-9100-1180887755_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest patterrc

I have an M40 as well and think the video died. I can't figure out how to accesss the card to swap it out? can anyone help me out?

hELLO,

THE GRAPHIC CARD CAN BE CHANGE, ONLY THING IS WHERE TO FIND IT.

I GOT A TOSHIBA M40-331,GRAPHIC CARD IS DAMAGE,BUT DO NOT WHERE TO FIND.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello

My toshiba M40 is shutting down by its own. At first i thought maybe it was over heating for some reasons. Went to have it check out and apparently, there could be a probleme with the graphic card that is will somehow over heat with time, and probly a comon probleme on M40's. If someone could verify this, please let me know. And would it be worthed to get it repaired or should I get myself another laptop? Any idea what I should get?

Cheers,

Mike

I have open my laptop to see if it was a MXM X600 video card and I find a graphic port... I don't if it's an MXM but a seems to be one.

spa0109qo2.jpg

Is it possible for me to update my graphic card with another MXM module????

Thanks.

That MXM connector its the wrong way round and that X600 is the wrong form factor. so no you cant upgrade to a normal MXM card BUT you "MIGHT" be able to upgrade to a card that came from the exact same modal as your laptop.

• 7 months later...

FORGET ALL THOSE WHOP TOLD ZOU THAT ZOU CAN UPGRADE WITH ANOTHER GRAPHIC CARD.THAT IS IMPOSIBBLE.ONLZ WAY IS TO BUY A NEW MOTHER BOARD AND GO TO THE NEAREST ELEKTRO SERVICE AND CUT DOWN PART WHERE IS GC.BUY ALL MOTHERBOARD FROM ACER ASPIRE BLUE FOR 250 DOLLARS.IT FITS PERFECTLZ I HAVE GERICOM WITH 1 TERRA BITE 4 GB RAMS.2048 GRAPHIC.YOU NEED TO MIX ALL PARTS