LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce GO 6600

Kevin Lim

Hi can i know what is recommend for my Toshiba M40-P535 model which is running on nVidia GeForce Go 6600 64MB i updated till 165.x version but it seems like having difficulties with Test Drive Unlimited. The screen when black after the intro screen. Shd i download the lastest from LV2GO? It seem like not every1 is using the latest y is that so?

Hi Kevin,

I'd update to the latest version (it's sometimes tricky, it could be a lower driver number than you have now)... if possible check the latest official release on the nVidia site and grab the modded version from here. This should give you maximum compatibility/stability.

Hi Kevin,

I'd update to the latest version (it's sometimes tricky, it could be a lower driver number than you have now)... if possible check the latest official release on the nVidia site and grab the modded version from here. This should give you maximum compatibility/stability.

But the sad thing is nVidia doesnt offer driver for Go 6XXX series they only offer for Go 7 series and higher. Anyway y this forum so quiet?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same machine, M40 with a GeForce Go 6600. I updated the driver with one downloaded from the Nvidia site a year ago not understanding that you need a toshiba driver and had some work getting it going again. Can I use any of the drivers on this site? How can I find the latest driver that will be supported by my card? I'm a little hesitant after what happened last time.

Thanks.

Andy

Guest kevin
Hi,

I have the same machine, M40 with a GeForce Go 6600. I updated the driver with one downloaded from the Nvidia site a year ago not understanding that you need a toshiba driver and had some work getting it going again. Can I use any of the drivers on this site? How can I find the latest driver that will be supported by my card? I'm a little hesitant after what happened last time.

Thanks.

Andy

yes it is possible to find the latest driver from this websites. they customize the driver to fit our machine since there is no other driver update from either nVidia or Toshiba. But the tricky part is i dunno which driver suit our laptop the best. I still waiting some expert to reply me here.