LaptopVideo2Go Forums

geforce GO 7900 GS overheating help!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

hey guys, right now i have the 97.59 driver installed and according to SpeedFan, my temperature is WAY too hot (its around 65-70 Celcius). Ive tried different drivers and I cant seem to find one that will cool my system down!? I have an alienware m9700 with geforce GO 7900 GS cards. please tell me what i should do and what driver i should install!!!

What's the core slowdown temp the driver shows for go7900GS? My go6800 slowdown is to happen @ 105 C and the max temp when gaming is about 80-82 C which is totally acceptable with this hw. And is the Speedfan figure for GPU - for me it shows just HD and CPU temp. If your figure is for CPU, the driver has almost nothing to do with it.

Guest Guest

when i open SpeedFan the only two tempatures are *Temp1 - 68C* and *Core - 63C* . I dont know anything about temperatures and fans maybe these temps are ok? the only reason i thought they were bad is because they have a little fireball next to the temps on SpeedFan. and how do i find the core slowdown temp for my card?

These temps are just fine, don't worry.

Under load (gaming) they should be below 90°C, preferably.

the only reason i thought they were bad is because they have a little fireball next to the temps on SpeedFan.

I think they put that fireball according to desktop computers; the laptop ones tend to operate with higher temperatures.

The slowdown temperature for GPU core can be seen via Nvidia Control Panel.