ISSUES RESOLVED
  • n/a

OPEN ISSUES

• n/a

Documents

No documents.

Support

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

LV2Go driver thread v1.6.0

these drivers so far rock. I am on a Geforce Go 7800 GTX and these have helped out alot. i was using the 158.42s before these. here are some of the benchs i have got so far.

Fear max settings no soft shadows 4xAA 8xAF

res 1280x960

158.42 158.45

min 19 23

avg 39 40

max 90 91

CSS VST max settings 4xAA 8xAF

res 1680x1050

158.42 158.45

26.93 73.71

I didn't get a big jump with fear but i got a few more fps on my min which i am happy with. I did get a really big jump with CSS which makes it so i can play with AA and AF on now with no problems. These also made it so i can turn on AA and AF with C&C3 before i had everything at the max settings no AA or AF now i am using 2xAA and 4xAF.

Edited by Prod

I've an italian OS Vista Ultimate 32bit and GF 7950Go GTX, I need to have the nv control panel in english and not in italian as of default is installing,....what I should do to change the nv cp in english veriosn?

Thanks a lot

Andy

• 1 month later...

I'm using these drivers on an Alienware Area51 M5550 running Vista Ultimate.

These are the only ones so far that seem fully functional (but I've admittedly only tried a handful).

The only thing that doesn't work for me is the display dimming key combo (Fn+F7 & Fn+F8), and the brightness control in Windows Mobility Center is missing.

Other than that, these seem VERY stable and comparable to what I was experiencing with XP Pro (with a very slight performance drop in OpenGL games).

If anyone has a solution to the missing brightness control, I'd very much appreciate it.

Hello,

I'm french but i'll try to be understandable for you. :)

I've a new laptop, an asus F3v AP084C. The graphic card is a GeForce 8600M GS.

Asus give us old driver 101.19 which are two months old.

So I would like to update my driver with these 158.45 which come from nvidia. According to members this relase is stable and performant enought.

I would like to install it ut i've many interrogations.

On Nvidia website they say that special GeforceGo for laptop include "Powermizer" to adapt electric consommation for exemple and automatically. So it's important for me.

Is this fonctionnality included in your driver or INF I don't know?

Moreover by editing the INF of this driver I've seen this line:

MaximumDeviceMemoryConfiguration = 128

My video card has 256Mb of memory and this memory isextensible to 1024Mo with turbocache.

Will the INF with this line of configuration reduce the memory my card can access?

I hope one developper of the forum will answer me.

Thank you very much :)

Friendly

These are not stable... They cause screen flicker in the in-between scenes of 3DMark2001se. They remind me of the old "go" 40.41 drivers (stability wise), as they caused the same problem. If your looking for an unstable driver to overclock your 8600m GT, then these will work. They are not keepers. I would wait for better.

Edited by ZWARE

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know about you guys, but this driver release has certainly been a + for me...

One peculiar thing I've noticed is that the 'Total Available Graphics Memory' reported has increased from 399 MB (driver version 97.55; default driver supplied by Acer, ancient, I know :rofl: :P ) to a whopping 623 MB (driver version 158.45)!! 'Dedicated Video Memory' still remains the same, at 128 MB.

However, whether or not it uses the additional memory still remains as an unanswered question... :P

I know that the Powermizer page still won't show up, after all, it's been stated in the nVIDIA Control Panel Help file that the Powermizer page will not be accessible in Vista... But one thing I definitely appreciate - the inclusion of Flat Panel scaling :thumbsup: (I'm sick of people looking fat and short in games like BF2 and BF2142)

Your mileage may vary...

Cheers,

V-X2

(F.Y.I. I have an Acer TravelMate 3274WXMi with an nVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 TurboCache; gets slaughtered brutally by BioShock, lol)

Edit:

I have found the SmartDimmer controls - they're located in 'Power Options' in the Control Panel. Here's how to access them:

1) most of the time, you probably have your battery icon in the system tray, right? Click it then click 'More Power Options'.

2) click 'Change plan settings' under any of the plans (your need to do this to every plan you intend to use... *yawn*)

3) click 'Change advanced power settings'

4) in the list of options, click the + next to 'Display'

There you have it, the SmartDimmer controls (only a measly 2 of them :-/ )

They didn't seem to work for me, though... :) Perhaps you might have better luck and get it to work...

Another thing is that Windows DreamScene (the preview version, for now) fails to work properly with these drivers. All I get is some purple-green swarm of mind-bogglingly huge pixels... :) (If you want to have DreamScene on your computer running any Vista non-Ultimate versions WITH AERO, click HERE note, Vista Home Basic does not work with DreamScene)

Edited by V-X2

Can this driver be used with a GeForce 7300GO on a Vista Business 32-bit? And is this driver a stable one? :)

For a lot of people this might be a stupid question, but I have no experience with this kind of software, so I'm trying to learn here :)

Thanks in advance! :P

Edited by Chalk

Can this driver be used with a GeForce 7300GO on a Vista Business 32-bit? And is this driver a stable one? :P

Sure, it works great for me!! :rofl: (and yes, on a Vista Business 32-bit; refer to the post above yours)

For a lot of people this might be a stupid question, but I have no experience with this kind of software, so I'm trying to learn here :)

Thanks in advance! :P

This isn't a stupid question!! What everyone seems to forget that we ourselves started out as n00bs too, lol... :)

Cheers,

V-X2

P.S.: Oh btw, these drivers are rock solid for me.

Edited by V-X2

Thanks for your reply! :)

Just one little question then since you are also using Vista 32-bit like me. What is the rating Vista gives to your 7300GO?

At the moment it's telling me it is: (I'm using a Dutch version so I don't know what Vista calls it in other languages :P )

- Aero: 1.9

- 3D performance: 1.0

Will this improve with this driver? :)

Edited by Chalk

What is the rating Vista gives to your 7300GO?

At the moment it's telling me it is:

- Aero: 1.9

- 3D performance: 1.0

Wow... Those are incredibly low scores!! It's almost the exact opposite for me!!

Even before I loaded these drivers, my scores were the same!! (or at least somewhere there)

So... Why's yours like that??? :)

Have a look:

post-13190-1188467552_thumb.jpg

Hope this clears things up a little...

Cheers,

V-X2

P.S.: Sadly, BioShock doesn't like this gfx card much and strangles the card... Even on the lowest possible settings!! :) :P

Edit:

You should also try these updates for Vista, they've worked great for me... Click HERE

Edited by V-X2

There is just 1 thing I still don't quite understand:

I downloaded the driver, and the modded *.inf

Do I need to do something to this modded *.inf or can I just copy/paste it in the unpacked *.exe file?

And then just install it?

1) Download the *.inf file and the Zipped Driver.

2) shift the Zipped Driver into a folder of it's own before extracting (you'll find out why after it's extracted... :) )

3) copy and paste the modified *.inf inside the folder with the extracted drivers.

4) there should be a window that prompts you if you want to overwrite the file in the folder. Select 'Copy and replace' (the topmost option)

5) run Setup.exe inside the folder.

NOTE: the installation wizard will inform you during installation that it will remove the older drivers from your system. For this reason, make sure that you have your Manufacturer-supplied driver in a safe place (should any mishaps happen...). If you do not, then I strongly recommend that you abort the updating of your graphics drivers altogether. (just a tip, sometimes drivers can be found on the manufacturer's website; if you do not have the driver on your HDD and it's available online, grab it and put it somewhere safe & accessible)

Cheers,

V-X2

Its has worked! I have exactly the same scores as V-X2 now! Thank you so much V-X2, for your help! :) :) :P

You did it!! :P :P :)

That is great news, man!! And good to see your scores rocket compared to their previous values too!! :)

Always ready to lend a hand,

V-X2

• 2 weeks later...

However did this thanks so vey much. found the site through Rock as I just bought a new laptop and have no idea what I am doing but followed the step by step someone posted aove and it worked. Bioshock looks amazing - just a bit to creepy to play!!

... have a rock 670 with 8600 should I be worried about heat or anything...

Well, I haven't heard of that company before (since I don't reside in the USA), but mostly, if your fan automatically speeds up when you're playing a game, you should be fine... :)

Btw, aww man, you've got a 8-Series card? I'm sooo envious... :) Argh, looks like I won't be able to experience Crysis in DirectX 10 anytime soon... :P

Cheers,

V-X2

P.S.: Maybe a donation? LMAO!! Only jokin'!! You don't have to! :P I'm just here to help anyway & I'm non-profit!

Thanks so much. Bioshock would not work at all with the standard drivers and then when i tried to downlaod the vista fix it said it did not recognise somthing or other so searching the rockdirect.com forum under the 670 thread led me here and after reading through and crossing my fingers I downlaoded the file and it was easy but a bit scary because i dont no whet I would have doe if it broke something!

Anyway, bioshock plays really well I am amazed ow good the gamelooks on my 670 the water at the beginning is awesome. Game is a bit creepy an dheavy though. I like my mario, zeldas and stuff and lucky enought to have a wii (it is great) and a ps3 (it is great nothing to play on it but warhawk is a great fun)

lastly I would definatly donate if you had a paypal account opr something - can I do it I would drop you a fiver for your efforts but Ikinda like the way this works - it is so uc nicer than the creepy corporates like microsoft who would love to get you to pay to use the internet - well they do if you have a 360!

thanks again I think however did this is a real top bloke

lastly I would definatly donate if you had a paypal account opr something

Nah, you don't have to donate to me, I was only kidding as I'm strictly non-profit :) . If you want to donate, you should donate to the people responsible for hosting this website (and creating the .inf files and all)... After all, they do deserve credit for their work...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Im new to this forum but I have been looking for a decent driver for a long time for my Dell XPS m170 vista 32 bit with go 7900gs card. I have tried a lot of them and I found that one did work well, but somehow suddenly the laptop started to go back to its original 30fps trick ( in performance settings) None of my games run well now at all.. I have just downloaded and tried this driver but its just the same.. Anyone have any ideas as to which driver would work with my system?

... the laptop started to go back to its original 30fps trick ( in performance settings)...

I don't really understand what you mean by this. Do you mean that the framerate caps out at 30 FPS? I haven't heard of anything like this... Weird... :)

I have just downloaded and tried this driver but its just the same.. Anyone have any ideas as to which driver would work with my system?

I don't think this is a driver issue... It seems to me more likely as either a game issue or worse, an Operating System issue. You are running Windows Vista, right? Try updating your DirectX with this version: DirectX Update (Offline installation; large file size) OR DirectX Update (Online installation; smaller file size) (they both use the same DirectX files, so they're both of the same size, just different installation methods). Also try these updates for Windows Vista: click HERE.

I hope these are able to solve your problem. Should these fail to do so, you may need to do a full recovery of your system to get the problem fixed. Does Dell bundle recovery software and media with their laptops? If they do, you may want to consider that as a last option.

Hope this helps,

V-X2

P.S.: Wow, a GeForce Go 7900? Damn, I'm sooo envious of you! :)

I've posted this set of drivers as my favorites in the NVIDIA GeForce 8xxxM Series Driver Recommendation topic. As a quick summary I'll just say that I'm running an 8600M (GS) and they're they only ones so far that I've found to support Powermizer as well as overclocking each separate clock level. I'm not sure how the gaming performance is, since it usually only makes a difference of 2 or 3 fps, but those two criteria were essential for me. These also don't seem to have any issues with waking up from hibernate or sleep modes. So far these look great! For a bit more detail check my post in the other topic. :)

Edited by Smooshieus

I've a problem with this driver and my Go 7400

Now i get a bluescreen at hybernating, not every time, but often

if it's not possible to solve this problem i have to move back to 158.36

or has someone a better recommendation?

thx

... i get a bluescreen at hibernating, not every time, but often

Wow, that's sounds severe. What does the BSOD say? I mean, like which component caused the fatal error (reason for STOP error)?

Eg.: FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA or something like that :)

I know that some BSODs do not mention the reason, they just say something like 'The kernel subsystem failed to initialize' (just an example, but those kinds of BSODs have relatively little text)

Unfortunately, I'm not an expert at all these Windows errors so I can only guess what the problem is and maybe I know of a possible solution. What's your laptop manufacturer, by the way?

Hope this helps,

V-X2