LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Vista Experience Index?

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi, I've just upgraded to Vista from XP and found the OEM video driver from Alienware which was 97.55 or something. The Experience index was something like 4.2 ish. When I upgraded to a later driver (can't remember which one) the Index hit 4.5. I've heard it go to at least 4.9 for this card. I installed the latest vista driver which supports the 7600 and the index dropped to 3.8. I got it back up to 4.0 somehow. There were issues with all the drivers, from apparent lagging to crashes etc. I was wondering if anyone knew a driver version was was stable and rates highly for the Index. Yes, I realise the Index doesn't really mean much, but if someone has the card reading 4.9 then presumably there is something different/better about the driver. Thanks.

Hi, I've just upgraded to Vista from XP and found the OEM video driver from Alienware which was 97.55 or something. The Experience index was something like 4.2 ish. When I upgraded to a later driver (can't remember which one) the Index hit 4.5. I've heard it go to at least 4.9 for this card. I installed the latest vista driver which supports the 7600 and the index dropped to 3.8. I got it back up to 4.0 somehow. There were issues with all the drivers, from apparent lagging to crashes etc. I was wondering if anyone knew a driver version was was stable and rates highly for the Index. Yes, I realise the Index doesn't really mean much, but if someone has the card reading 4.9 then presumably there is something different/better about the driver. Thanks.

It only is calculating the process time and how many features of the whole percentage of DirectX 10 are supported. A 3.0 which is average is normally given to all DirectX 9.0 cards and only increases the index depending on how fast the processing goes in and out. Other than that it's just a tool to show you how your card ranges in terms of process time and averages.