LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help with overclocking Geforce Go 6800 on Dell Inspiron 9300...

nukkuz

Hello,

I've read around the forums here and there and I am fairly new to overclocking. I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 with a Geforce Go 6800 with the new modified Vista 165.01 Nvidia Drivers (downloaded from this site) running on Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit and I want to overclock my video card, I've tried accessing the clock frequency page on my Nvidia Control Panel but I think it is "locked" from what I've read.

I read somewhere on here that you have to flash your card bios or something like that?

I just want some clarity on how to do these things...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

The Dell 6800go was unlocked by default. So you are set to go. There are several ways to find out which frequencies you can use but alot of people use ATItool. It works fine for nvidia cards.

Just for comparison, in 3dmark05 my 6800go ultra gets 6654 @ 570/680. Do not attempt clocks like this on your regular go however. For one, the 6800U core is supposed to be better than the 6800 vanilla and also the Ultra uses DDR3 (can be clocked higher) as opposed to DDR1. Just learn how to use ATItool or any other game/tool you prefer to use to test stability. You can use either ATItool or the nvidia control panel to change the frequencies.