LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Battlefield 1942 on Windows Vista

Slick Joe

Hey. I have a Toshiba laptop i just got with Vista as the OS and a GeForce Go 7600 GT video card. I have installed and played IL-2 Sturmovik-1946 and Company of Heroes and they work fine, but when I install Battlefield 1942 and load up the game, there are a lot of problems. The top and bottom of the screen have solid white bars going across them, and the green bars you click and drag on (to scroll through menus and options and such) are completely gone, along with many other normal on-screen features. I haven't played the game yet for fear of somethin bad happening, but i hear that the crosshairs dissapear for everyone who i heard complain about similar problems with the game on Vista. I surfed the net for solutions and i ended up here. Is there any way that this problem can be fixed to make the game run as it normally should?

EDIT: I have tried many things to fix this, including setting the game to being run as an administrator and changing the settings under "compatability" to make the game work with older versions of Windows. None of these did anything. I also updated the game to the latest version, but once again changed nothing.

Edited by Slick Joe

Have you tried using a newer version driver from this website for Vista?

Have you tried Win XP compatibility mode, properties. I haven't tired playing BF1942 yet in Vista though that is a popular game among friend on Notebooks since we all can play it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Bruno

I'm new the the vista thing as well and tried to install my Battlefield 1942 and my crosshairs are gone. You just mentioned new drivers. Being only a guest, do I have to register to get these new drivers of this website and and if so where do I go to get them.

Guest Guest

Heya,

I have no idea why it's not working on vista BUT i want to instal battlefield 1942 on vista, u guys think it'll work??? My computer is an Acer Aspire 3634lmi or something its graphics base score is 1 lol roflmao!!!! u think itll work??? LOL

:) oh and :)

• 9 months later...
Guest bijgraams

yeah ive got the same, but my vista has a graphical score of 3.3 (thats the 3D score... so the one needed for the games)

i can play the game, do that lots, although i dont have any crosshairs... what bothers me the most, is that i DO have them when i die, then i have some green (color is cuz i changed it, not using the slide things, but just using my sense to think of where they should be) crosshairs, but every time i spawn again, theyre gone -_-

could you help me plz??

• 2 weeks later...

BF1942 isn't 'all that rough' on the graphic card. I'm running it fairly well on my listed notebook by limiting the resolution somewhat. Take note that you NEED administrator rights to run this game correctly. I would think this special problem might be solved better with a question on the actual BF1942 game forums.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You're going to have to give us a bit more useful information than that if you're really here looking for some help! We need specifics chris.

Is there a link to where I could get a Driver Update for my Intel Family Express Chipset? Im not sure what version or where I'm supposed to get it. :/

Just try a simple Google with "Intel Express Chipset" and the actual chipset designation, as there are tons of them. Piece of cake.

• 3 years later...