LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Lid Open / Close Issue

AEDan1977

I have a Toshiba P105-S6227 Laptop w/ NVIDIA Geforce Go 7600 256MB PCIE Card Inside.

I have tried different drivers and different settings but some how everytime I close the lid of my notebook; my video output automatically switches to the SVIDEO TV port on the back of my laptop. Even if in the display properties that monitor is not enabled, on top of that there isnt even a tv hooked up to the notebook and it is switching to it.

When i reopen up the lid on my laptop the screen is blank and the only way for me to get picture back is to press FN+F5 on the keyboard to manually switch it back to the laptop's built in display.

The solution i am looking for is either to fix the issue so it no longer switches on its own or permanetly disable the svideo port so vista does not automatically detect and switch to it when i close my screen.

Any tips, advice, or possible solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

bump

any ideas on how to disable svideo on nvidia drivers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kayko2000
bump

any ideas on how to disable svideo on nvidia drivers

Wish I could help... because then it would be a fix to my problem. I have almost the exact same thing with my ASUS F3Jp notebook. I've posted on the Vista General Discussion community forum. Hopefully will get some response.