LaptopVideo2Go Forums

My Display doesn't show anything not even BIOS

WiDo

Yesterday I wanted to clean my vent, because of my cpu was 70 degrees again. I use compressed air most of the time but that doesn't clean everything from the outside. This time I wanted to clean everything so I opened my whole laptop including the Microprocessor Thermal-Cooling Assembly. When I lifted it my cpu heatspreader with all the pins was sticked underneath the Microprocessor Thermal-Cooling Assembly. Because I didn't want it to be damaged I pulled of the cpu heatspreader and put it back on his place. I did not touch any of the pins while doing this. I cleaned everything and replaced all the parts, the display, keyboard, etc.

Now I started my laptop. I thought nothing would be wrong but My screen did not even showed my BIOS and I don't hear windows loading after that. My mouse doesn't get electricity. The only working things are my vent which is now breathing cool air, and my CD/DVD - Drive. My laptop is not starting and I only got a black screen. Plz someone help. Did I broke my Microprocessor maybe?? :)

Thnx In advance!!. :)

p.s. I'm sorry If my english Isn't that much!. If you have further questions plz ask.

If you're sure you didn't touch any of the pins, it sounds like the CPU isn't seated properly, or maybe one of the pins got bent when you inserted it into the socket. I would start by taking everything apart again and carefully examining everything as you reassemble it.

If you're sure you didn't touch any of the pins, it sounds like the CPU isn't seated properly, or maybe one of the pins got bent when you inserted it into the socket. I would start by taking everything apart again and carefully examining everything as you reassemble it.

Hey LSudlow thnx for you reply. I'm going to take everything apart and I will take a look. I did this 3 times before, but I didn't found something was wrong. :) But can you say it is the microprocessor that is causing the problems? My laptop doesn't give a beep or something. It doesn't show something on the screen. I will take a look at my laptop from the inside again. If you know something else to do I hope I will hear it soon. Thnx alot.

P.s LSudlow, I don't have much time this upcomming week so I would appreciate it to take a look at my topic the next week to. I need to go to my work and so I'm not home these days. Greets!! :)

Hey, 5150 owners have to stick together, right?

Anyway, no, I can't say for sure it's the CPU. There are several components which, if unplugged or damaged, could cause your symptoms. All you can do is try to rule things out, one at a time.

Pay special attention to your LCD cable and make sure the connector is plugged in firmly and aligned correctly on its pins. You didn't mention whether you unplugged the GPU or not, but I would check that too, to be sure it's firmly seated in its socket.

The reason I mention those two components specifically is because I think you should get a BIOS screen even if the CPU is damaged or unplugged. Since you get absolutely nothing on your screen, I think you should look first at your LCD and GPU.

If the GPU looks okay in the case, try connecting to an external monitor and see if you can see anything.

Thnx alot man. I'm so so very glad that you are helping me out. I will do everything you said as soon as I have the time. I need to go this evening and as soon as I get back next week I sort all those things out. Plz check out my post next week or the week after. And If you have any Ideas plz post. I will check the forum when I'm on my work once in a while. It's a pitty I have to go but I need my Laptop so I will look at it as soon as Possible.

THNX thnx ALot LSudlow. You will hear from me soon. If there is another way to contact you with a private message plz say how to do so. I want to fix my pc So I am glad you are helping me. And yes we have to stick to gether :) :) LAterzz man!