LaptopVideo2Go Forums

problems with drivers on Dell 9400/E1705

comer

Hi All,

I have the same problem with most of the drivers posted here - when I close lid of my Dell Inspiron 9400/E1705 the screen does not turn off. I have "do nothing" in power properties on lid close. It does react properly if I put other options there (i.e. it goes to standby or hibernate) so the switch is working.

The Dell drivers work no problem and strangely enough 94.22 here works fine without modified INF. But there are some other issues with it like no classic control panel at all...

I just wonder, there must be some switch or setting in the INF that tells the driver to turn of the display when the lid is closed. I wanted to be able to use all the drivers here, but I can't since this feature is pretty important to me - the machine is used as HTPC and the light from display clearly visible in the dark room even if the lid is closed.

GPU: GeForce Go 7800

Video BIOS: 5.70.02.30.12

Bus: PCIE

Video Mem: 256 MB

Current driver: 94.22

comer

=====