LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForceGo 7900 GS and Scarface

triptocambridge

Hi mates,

I have an Inspiron 9400 with a GeForce Go 7900 GS and I'm having trouble with Scarface and Splinter Cell Double Agent. Although I kind of solve it regarding Splinter Cell, with Scarface all I can see is shapes and shadows.

Any idea what drivers would be the best for me?

PS: Is Nvidia releasing drivers at all for Inspiron 9400 and Vista 32? I can only find drivers for XP and 2000, at their site

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
Guest samusaran43

I have the same problem...

All I see is dark textures, smoke, bulletshells, and some smoke and fires...

My specs are:

Vista Home Premium (HP Pavilion m7750n)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+

2GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce 7300GS (256MB) Driver version: 165.01

I heard it's beacause of either Nvidia's lack of Vista Support with OpenGL, or DirectX 10's Lack of OpenGL support...

If someone can get it to work on a Nvidia driver on Vista, then please respond...

Yeah, current nvidia drivers for Vista have crummy Open GL support at the moment. I would suggest giving driver 158.45 a shot, I heard it's pretty stable.

Guest samusaran43

It doesn't support my video card, and even if it did I doubt it would have worked...

For now, those of us that can't get the game to work will just wait for now I guess...