LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problems with fullscreen DVD playback GeForce Go 7400

Guest beikaixin

Guest beikaixin

Hi all,

I recently bought a Dell M1210 with the GeForce Go 7400 card. I recently connected an external display, set at 1440x900. When I play back captioned DVDs in full screen in WMP, the image doesn't seem to adjust to cover the whole screen, leaving two thin bars of dark screen on the top and bottom, just above and below the letterbox in which the movie plays. However, when subtitles appear, the two dark screen areas are filled with black on top of which the captions are printed. The effect is that the two bars of grayish dark screen blink in time with the subtitles, which is highly annoying and so distracting as to make the movie unwatchable. Is there a driver update or display option somewhere which will allow the full screen mode to actually fill the entire screen (i.e., black everywhere except where the film is playing) and eliminate this problem?

Thanks.