LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Is Toshiba P105/p100 series MXM?

jessi3k3

Someone bravely decided to take apart their P105 with a 7900 gs 256 mb and took somepictures of the setup

Specifically it's a Toshiba P105-9722

post-8113-1182452938_thumb.jpg

post-8113-1182453042_thumb.jpg

SPM_A0008.jpg

Edited by jessi3k3

No, it is not.

Thanks for the pictures, tho! :)

• 4 months later...

Hey guys..

I also have a Toshiba Satellite P105-S9312.. and I was just in the process of upgrading it, I maxed out on Ram/CPU..

I upgraded to a Core 2 Duo T7600 CPU, 4GB (2x2GB) OCZ DDR2 PC2-5400, and an Hitachi Travelstar 200GB 7200RPM 16MB Buffer (to replace sluggish 4200rpm Fujitsu 200GB HDD)..

And when I took it apart I noticed the video card. you know GeForce Go 7900GS... and that's the only thing I'm left out on upgrading is that...

I almost bought a GeForce Go 7950GTX from a Dell 1710...

Anyways Glad/Sad to find out my laptop is not MXM compatible..

But, what about trying to get the card from another P100/P105 Series laptop.. like a GeForce Go 7900GTX or GeForce Go 7950GTX ???

Could that work?

I know it's hard to find one.. but I could try to find that part, or a refurbished laptop..

What ya say??

Thanks,

Th3R1pp3r

• 6 months later...

I wanna know too. Will a Toshiba 7900gtx or 7950gtx work in a p105-s9337?

Anybody have any answers?

Edited by gtsdohcvvtli

• 2 weeks later...

any gurus know the answer??? anybody?

• 2 months later...
Has anybody tried or know yet?

Hey guys...i hate to say it but there isnt any plausible way to upgrade your gpu. Everything you have is onboard so theres really no way to upgrade. sorry guys i hate to be the bearer of bad news...

Hey guys...i hate to say it but there isnt any plausible way to upgrade your gpu. Everything you have is onboard so theres really no way to upgrade. sorry guys i hate to be the bearer of bad news...

Wow sorry guys i had an extreme screw up with that last comment, give me a day or two and ill give you a better answer

all toschiba laptops haven`t got mxm ... perhaps the new qosmio g50 (i think it so) has perhaps mxm ... but the older toschiba laptops haven`t got mxm