LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Blue screeen of death NV4_disp

andy.j

Hi,

I have been using my toshiba laptop for 3D design and am getting the blue screen of death with relation to NV4_disp. I was thinking of upgrading my driver. I had the mainboard go and it was replaced about 3 months ago, so im not sure what version of the driver I have. In the device manager its listed as version 7.1.7.0 ON the toshiba website they have 7.3.4.0 How does this relate to the numbers you have for drivers on this site? Is anyone running a toshiba with geforce go 6600 who have a stable driver they can recommend? I use my machine for work and cant afford to play around too much with drivers.

Thanks

Andy

7340 should work well for your purposes. The only reason to use one of our modded infs would be to enable features that are disabled (for whatevever reason) in your driver, or if you need a newer driver than is available from your manufacturer. The 7x series drivers are a couple of years old but are very well suited for your machine. The only reason you might need someting newer would be if you run into a particular app or game that requires it.

Any inf that enables openGL? Or is that hardware based??

Thanks for the info.

Andy