LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 7600 Go Turbocache changed!

neversommer

Hello everyone..

I just made an driver update to an more up to date driver which is the 101.70 from Xtreme G. Had before an 97.57 Toshiba driver updated that one to an newer toshiba 101.something driver and since i made that update the shared memory has changed from 256 to 478 now I have like 768 MB total graphics memory where 256mb is dedicated. How is that possible?How can i change that back???

Because since Windows Vista is soooo ram hungry i wanna change this back to a total of 560 mb (graphic memory)ram not 768mb ram. Is there a tool i can change that?Cause in the bios settings i cant make that change :)

Besides i heard rumours that turbochache runned graphic card's are really slow is this really true or just a joke?

thank you

Hello everyone..

I just made an driver update to an more up to date driver which is the 101.70 from Xtreme G. Had before an 97.57 Toshiba driver updated that one to an newer toshiba 101.something driver and since i made that update the shared memory has changed from 256 to 478 now I have like 768 MB total graphics memory where 256mb is dedicated. How is that possible?How can i change that back???

Because since Windows Vista is soooo ram hungry i wanna change this back to a total of 560 mb (graphic memory)ram not 768mb ram. Is there a tool i can change that?Cause in the bios settings i cant make that change :)

Besides i heard rumours that turbochache runned graphic card's are really slow is this really true or just a joke?

thank you

I have the exact opposite problem, so i'm guessing whoever can help either of us will help both. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Is there a similar fix for Vista?

This fix works under Vista. I'm currently running Vista Business and I've used this app to disable the turbocache completely.

This fix works under Vista. I'm currently running Vista Business and I've used this app to disable the turbocache completely.

Really? What driver version are you using? Did you disable it in the same manner as described in the post?

Really? What driver version are you using? Did you disable it in the same manner as described in the post?

I am using driver 165.01. I used th same manner as described in the post. On the download site there's a version of Riva Turner compatible with Vista.

I am using driver 165.01. I used th same manner as described in the post. On the download site there's a version of Riva Turner compatible with Vista.

I have tried with that driver but the fix doesn't work for me. I'm using vista business as well. Rivatuner v2.02. I've uninstalled the previos driver correctly and installed 165.01 using the have disk method. The advanced display settings still show that nearly 500MB is shared video memory.