LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 7600 Go not Vista Friendly?

neversommer

Hello dear readers

I'am using vista for my first time and my brandnew toshiba labtop, and i have sometimes a problem that the machine is working while iam not doing anything,also I'am not sure if I feel yet the full performance of the geforce 7600 go,has nvidia yet released a good driver for windows vista?i dont feel a massive performance difference between for example my old geforce 5600go with 64 mb ram in windows XP Prof and my new 7600 go and 580 mb ram playing games like c&c generals zero hour,bf2 and so on.....

Are there yet any good drivers around? I still hear people complaining about driver and especially performance problems in use with vista

• 2 weeks later...

Ok newbie here......

Where do I get the latest GeForce FX Go5600 (Sony) drivers for my Sony PCG-GRT916V from.

There last release Sony did was 11/06/2003 version 4.6.9.0 which are a little out-of-date.

Sony make good laptops, but they never keep up-to-date with the drivers.

Help some one!

Matt

Guest outflow

I would love an answer to the the thread starter's original question. I have a Toshiba laptop with 2.0 t200 dual, 2 gigs ram, windows vista basoc 32bit and a geforce 7600 go 256 mb that currently uses 100.65 drivers. it runs hl2 and other games respectably but i was desperately wondering if there is a better peforming driver out there and if somene could point a newbie in the right direction that'd be great.

Guest 7300 go
I would love an answer to the the thread starter's original question. I have a Toshiba laptop with 2.0 t200 dual, 2 gigs ram, windows vista basoc 32bit and a geforce 7600 go 256 mb that currently uses 100.65 drivers. it runs hl2 and other games respectably but i was desperately wondering if there is a better peforming driver out there and if somene could point a newbie in the right direction that'd be great.

nvidia website???

is that not where all the latest drivers for your nvidia cards are??

then again i've a Nvidia Geforce 7300 go and downloaded the lastest drivers for the Geforce 7 range, and they didn't work, which blows chunks...

I got my drivers from the the acer website, seeing as i have an Acer aspire 9305, tried the toshiba tech web shite for drivers?

Nvidia don't support mine any more and never did due to Sony adding a special model number for there FX Go5600. I think its something stupid like 31A or along them lines.

Update:

In my last drivers inf file from Sony they list these 2 drivers:-

NVIDIA_NV17.DEV_0175.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go (Sony)"

NVIDIA_NV31.DEV_031A.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5600 (Sony)"

If some one could point me to the latest driver and inf file that will work with the Sony FX Go5600 in Windows XP that would be cool. I'm find that looking for the right driver and modded inf file on this site just a little confusing.

I have updated the SIS Northbridge driver for the laptop, and currently looking for support help with a cpu upgrade that for some odd reason it will post but not boot. Strange because I would have thought if the cpu was dud or incorrect model it wouldn't have posted at all.

Matt