LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Transform Quadro Go 1400 into Go 6800?

Ben Decker

Hey all!

This is my first post, and I must say you all have a great thing going here!

I was doing a little reading on my card (Quadro Go 1400) and i came across this site: http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-Quadro...400.2140.0.html

In the second paragraph of this page it states:

With the added drivers the gaming performance is clearly worse than the Go 6800 (because of the application optimizing). However, modded drivers can be used, which transform the Quadro FX Go 1400 to a 6800 (for the operating system).

Now, does anyone know how this may be done? I'm not sure if they mean just selecting "Have Disk" and manually selecting the Go 6800 driver instead of the Go 1400 driver would be sufficient.

If anyone has any information on this (or experience with this) that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!!!

-Ben :)

MODS: Feel free to move this to the correct section if i have misplaced this topic. Thanks! :)

Edited by Ben Decker

• 9 months later...

bringing it back from the dead . . . BUMP!!!! I got a M70 and i want to know how to do this? with some kind of specific info if possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Well someone answered my thread and it worked so I'll also post the answer here so others can also use it:

Thanks to: Guest_Quantum Kaos_* for the quick and good write up.

I have been trying to do this myself for a very random reason. I have gotten it to work, here is what I did.

WARNING: I suggest you create a system restore point. I would also recommend that you familiarize yourself with reinstalling the Go 1400 drivers back on your system in case this doesn't work.

Step 1: Download and install Rivatuner.

Step 2: When you open the Rivatuner, you will notice you start in the "MAIN" tab. Under the Target adapter you will notice it lists your card. Under that there is a "customize" option next to a diagonal triangle. Click the triangle and select the first option which should be "low-level system settings".

Step 3: Make sure you are in the "NVStrap Driver" tab. If all options are greyed out, at the bottom click "install".

Step 4: After all options are accessible, make sure you have the following checked:

Unlock Professional Capabilities.

Use ROM straps for PCI DeviceID Programming

Step 5: Under PCI DeviceID settings, select "Geforce"

Click apply and ok. Restart when prompted.

Step 6: Upon reboot, go to control panel > system > hardware > device manager. Select "display adapters" and right click on the available adapter. Click "update driver".

Step 7: When the hardware wizard opens, make sure you choose "not at this time". On the next window select "do not search, I have the the disk (or something like that).

Step 8: When the drivers load up, you should notice a slew of Nvidia Drivers. Locate the "Geforce Go 6800". Click ok.

There may be a window saying this driver isn't signed. Go ahead and "continue anyway". Restart.

If everything worked according to plan, you should have the Geforce Go 6800 installed.

Hope this works. If it doesn't. I just want to warn you that it's a pain in the arse to get it fixed. But it can be done.

Good luck!

Awesome....worked great!

Thanks!!

:)

• 1 year later...

I have a Dell Precision M70 with a Quadro GO 1400. The latest driver offered by Dell dates to 2006 and I want a modern driver because I hope it will solve the screen lockups I am getting. I recall that I had lockup problems in the past that were being caused by the Nvidia desktop manager. When the lockup happens I can move the mouse pointer but everything else is frozen.

I used Rivatuner as described and it did not work because the Nvidia installer kept telling me that no compatible hardware was found. In an act of desperation I forced the original Quadro driver to load so that Rivatuner would let me undo the settings.

Once I did that I started messing with Rivatuner and I got it to work. Here is what I did:

1. Open Rivatuner and select Low level system tweaks

2. Select "Custom" for "Graphics Adapter Identification"

3. Check the box for "Use ROM Straps"

4. Select the device ID for "00C1 (Nvidia Geforce 6800)"

5. Check the box for "unlock professional capabilities"

Once I re-started I was able to install the DESKTOP drives for the Geforce 6800. It works great! The driver automatically identified my laptop display resolutions.

Well someone answered my thread and it worked so I'll also post the answer here so others can also use it:

Thanks to: Guest_Quantum Kaos_* for the quick and good write up.

I have been trying to do this myself for a very random reason. I have gotten it to work, here is what I did.

WARNING: I suggest you create a system restore point. I would also recommend that you familiarize yourself with reinstalling the Go 1400 drivers back on your system in case this doesn't work.

Step 1: Download and install Rivatuner.

Step 2: When you open the Rivatuner, you will notice you start in the "MAIN" tab. Under the Target adapter you will notice it lists your card. Under that there is a "customize" option next to a diagonal triangle. Click the triangle and select the first option which should be "low-level system settings".

Step 3: Make sure you are in the "NVStrap Driver" tab. If all options are greyed out, at the bottom click "install".

Step 4: After all options are accessible, make sure you have the following checked:

Unlock Professional Capabilities.

Use ROM straps for PCI DeviceID Programming

Step 5: Under PCI DeviceID settings, select "Geforce"

Click apply and ok. Restart when prompted.

Step 6: Upon reboot, go to control panel > system > hardware > device manager. Select "display adapters" and right click on the available adapter. Click "update driver".

Step 7: When the hardware wizard opens, make sure you choose "not at this time". On the next window select "do not search, I have the the disk (or something like that).

Step 8: When the drivers load up, you should notice a slew of Nvidia Drivers. Locate the "Geforce Go 6800". Click ok.

There may be a window saying this driver isn't signed. Go ahead and "continue anyway". Restart.

If everything worked according to plan, you should have the Geforce Go 6800 installed.

Hope this works. If it doesn't. I just want to warn you that it's a pain in the arse to get it fixed. But it can be done.

Good luck!