LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help, my 440 is dying.

emefbiemef

Hi, I own a Toshiba DynaBook G5 (bought in Japan 4 years ago) with a dying GeForce4 440 Go 32MB inside. Currently I have to manually lower the memory and clock speed in order for it to work comfortably (that is, without jaggy/ flickering lines). So, I'm thinking of doing one of these:

1) Change the graphic module card to the exact one used in Dell notebooks, though I don't know if it's compatible or not.

2) Change graphic module to a different compatible one, like Quadro Go.

3) Modify the heat pipe or do something to better take out the excessive heat.

I need inputs from you GPU masters to solve this and hopefully, with details on how to actually accomplish it.

Thank you.

Don't waste your time on the first 2. Dell cards won't work in Toshiba's.

Although if there is a Toshiba Quadro go for that particular laptop it would work, but I doubt one was ever made.

As for number 3, you could try some arctic silver 5, and maybe adding some extra copper and/or fans.

Ok, so, where would I find the ones made for Toshiba? All I get is the ones for Dell. I desperately need to replace this thing. Or is there any other options or ideas?

Why don't you call Toshiba?

Toshiba direct, Ebay, and finding a buyer here are really your only options.