LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia 8400M GT drivers ?

sved

Hello everybody, I'm a bit lost in the website, is there any driver for the 8400M GT for Vista Home Premium (...) out yet ?

It is impossible to find some, neither on sony's website nor nvidia's one ...

Any help is welcome !

(and by the way, congrats for the website, it's very complete and tutorials are weel done : I understood ^^)

Edited by sved

Guest Fivelo

Snap - I have just purchased an FZ11M - loving it so far!

My problem: installed Vista Ultimate after taking it out of the box, then realised there were no driver CDs :)

Even more annoyed to find you can't get them from the Sony site (same deal for BlueTooth, Motion Eye, WiFi, sound etc....) At least sound & wifi are supported with the generics. If anyone has copies of / links to webcam or BT drivers PLEASE let me know!

Anyway, not too sure as far as 64-bit goes but I am successfully using the 8400M GS drivers (make sure you go for the vista drivers, tried the XP ones and it doesn't like them!)

Able to run WoW, EVE Online, CS:S etc. very very well , high gfx settings and naturally at our native 1280x800 - going to give halo 2 a shot shortly.

Good luck man!

Hi Everyone,

did you have some luck with the drivers?

My computer is working quite well, so i dont want to try unless im sure i wont have problems...

Thx,

Alex

The GS drivers are working great for me, I was only looking as I cleaned the laptop off and installed vista ultimate - before realising there were no driver CDs :)

If you have the standard install that came with the laptop I wouldn't recommend changing until the appropriate updates are out (unless your 3D performance is abismal...)

The GS drivers are working great for me, I was only looking as I cleaned the laptop off and installed vista ultimate - before realising there were no driver CDs :)

If you have the standard install that came with the laptop I wouldn't recommend changing until the appropriate updates are out (unless your 3D performance is abismal...)

Hi Fivelo,

thanks for the info. I guess ill just wait then.

Regards,

Alex

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TJMaxxx

Actually, you can find the 8400M GT Drivers on the Sony Website. However, it's only for the 32-bit version (most likely, this is your case).

I'm looking for the 64-bit version of 8400M GT. Anyone know where I can find it? I've spent hours looking for it.

Actually, you can find the 8400M GT Drivers on the Sony Website. However, it's only for the 32-bit version (most likely, this is your case).

I'm looking for the 64-bit version of 8400M GT. Anyone know where I can find it? I've spent hours looking for it.

Hi TJ - still can't find anything for the FZ11M on vaio link site, please could you point me in the right direction?

I've raised a support call with Sony, they are now looking at having the drivers uploaded on Monday!

Fingers are crossed...

Can anyone give me a link to the 8400m GS drivers please?

Thanks.

See this thread, it is listed as one of the supported devices (link is for vista 32-bit):

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=14157

In future please have a look around the site first, the links are on the homepage - http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ :)

Quick update, the link I put in last post seems to support the GT as the GT

Good stuff :)

Thanks for the quick reply. I downloaded the driver you directed me to, but when I ran Setup.exe, the Installshield loaded, but it said it couldn't detect any hardware the driver was compatible with.

Thanks for the quick reply. I downloaded the driver you directed me to, but when I ran Setup.exe, the Installshield loaded, but it said it couldn't detect any hardware the driver was compatible with.

You need to download the following:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/155se...15615_vista.exe

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/infs/155seri..._vista/nvfi.inf

Follow this guide:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=11997

You may need to select your card manually... GLHF!

Guest Guest

Thank you so much. That worked wonderfully. Now I can actually play some starcraft and unreal tournament =]

That one is definitely an improvement. The most visible change is that my World of Warcraft framerates now (usually) degrade gracefully in busy scenes instead of becoming jerky and irregular as soon as they fall below 60. Also, the flat panel scaling options are no longer grayed out when the screen resolution is set to its maximum and my settings actually persist between sessions.

Edited by dave_lf

I've noticed too, good stuff :)

Had an update from sony today, apparently the stock drivers (webcam, bluetooth etc.) should be on vaio link by the end of the night - sweet!

• 8 months later...