LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dual out on m9700 & other laptops with two heads

phaetrace

hello,

my first post, but i frequent the forums and site often. i've searched the forums for this topic, but haven't been able to find it, so if it's already been answered, i apologize and would appreciate a link to the answer.

i have several alienware m9700's that we use for demo purposes of our rendering engines. our engines require 3 monitors and to date i've been using a matrox dualhead2go. i use the laptop display for gui and the two outs on the dualhead2go to drive projectors. i bought these laptops b/e they are dual video card sli. i spoke directly with alienware on this issue and was told that although there are two heads (1 dvi & 1 vga), they can not both be used at the same time. my question is simply: is this true or has anyone found a way to enable both of the heads along with the laptop display. i figure if anyone has found a way to do this, they would be on this forum.

thanks in advance!

:)