LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8700m GT driver?

Guest jrlandsman

Guest jrlandsman

anyone know what the newest driver for the geforce 8700m GT is? i have the satellite x205 and i need the newest drivers. What about directx 10, where are the newest version of directx 10? thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
anyone know what the newest driver for the geforce 8700m GT is? i have the satellite x205 and i need the newest drivers. What about directx 10, where are the newest version of directx 10? thanks!

Hi I am having that very same problem , there website doenst even have a new driver for this, if you can please contact me over aim sn : AliensBeemMeHere then we might be able to help each other , i also have a toshiba x205 satellite... please contact me or post if ne one has ne idea how to help us

Guest Guest from East

The card just came out and I cannot find any working driver for it. It is so lame and not right!

I've just purched MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, the one that was released on the 5th of June, 2007. I installed Vista x64 on it. And I cannot manage color profiles. And the colours are screwed up.

Guys at nVidia Corp. dissapoint me.

Guest subpilot
The card just came out and I cannot find any working driver for it. It is so lame and not right!

I've just purched MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, the one that was released on the 5th of June, 2007. I installed Vista x64 on it. And I cannot manage color profiles. And the colours are screwed up.

Guys at nVidia Corp. dissapoint me.

I'm in the same boat with my X205. The directx demos are slow as hell (Call Jaurez) or don't run (Lost Planet) and Company of Heroes is unplayable in DX10. I am overall very disappointed in the Vista experience. This brand new, supposedly top of the line performance machine is slow as molasses next to my old bloated XP machine. This situation better improve quick.

Guest Guest

Dont blame anything on windows vista. Vista works fine, and people confuse the problmes to vista when it is only driver problems. I have a laptop with a 8600m Gt in it, and I tried windows xp on it aswell, giving no better result at all. My computer is BRAND new as well with nearly the best hardware available, and it performs pretty crappy aswell. I'm having FPS drops in games like Counter-strike and World of warcraft all the time(can be smoke-grenades or in world of warcraft just some more detailed landscape or some sort of smoke consistence) -very old games that my laptop should have NO TROUBLE at all running it to perfection.

Conclusion of this matter: The geforce 8 series sucks arse right now. No good drivers available, only PURE CRAP. If this doesn't improve shortly I dont know what im gonna do, but there isn't much we can do either, is there? Nvidia puts away the responsibility for making drivers for their own graphic cards, leaving us with something we paid LOTS of money for, and performing like some 2 generations old gfx card, because of lack of drivers that can put their potential to the fullest.

• 1 month later...
Guest helpless

if it is a satellite x205-s9359 then you've got problems. I bought one 34 days ago and have been racking my brains out trying to figure out why Battlefield 2142 won't run. I went to and spoken to EA, Toshiba, Nividia and searched every known site to no avail (see forum: Toshiba satellite x205-9359 vs battlefield 2142). i've even consulted some programers and hackers. The problem is with the display hardware. the firmware from toshiba will not allow a resolution refresh rate over 59Hz. i've consulted tweakguides.com and have downloaded the suggested Refresh Force program and tried to force a refresh rate to 60Hz. Nothing works.

Unfortunately you're screwed and have a $2400.00 paperweight. Iv'e taken it to level three at Toshiba without any results. It's a great computer except for that one problem. The x205-s9349 and the Qosmio's will run the game just fine.

It'll run the game on an external monitor with native resolution rates of 60HZ or greater, but that obviates point of having a laptop.

If you happenned to find a fix please let me know.