LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Please help

iskan

I have an NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 Graphics Card on my Dell notebook, and I get a Blue Screen crash with an nv4_disp.dll error while playing Civilization IV. I tried to contact nVidia support service, but they are useless blaming other parts of my laptop may cause the problem.

My video driver version is 84.69.

If you know how to solve the problem please let me know.

Thanks a lot!

iz

84.69 worked for me on CIV IV..

Have you tried the same driver, modded inf?

84.69 worked for me on CIV IV..

Have you tried the same driver, modded inf?

Thanks for reply! I downloaded the 84.69 from Dell website. Since I am not the guru of PC world, I did not mess with the modded inf. Pls explain.

Interesting, I tried to play CIV 4 on a slower machine with no nVidia card (Dell XPS 140), the game never crashed (though very slow play).

Do you also have GeForce Go 7300 card (maybe even the same laptop Dell Inspiron E1505)?

Thanks for reply! I downloaded the 84.69 from Dell website. Since I am not the guru of PC world, I did not mess with the modded inf. Pls explain.

Interesting, I tried to play CIV 4 on a slower machine with no nVidia card (Dell XPS 140), the game never crashed (though very slow play).

Do you also have GeForce Go 7300 card (maybe even the same laptop Dell Inspiron E1505)?

NOt even close, I had a 7600 in a FSC Pi :)

Download the modded inf from this site and replace the original one with it in the extraction directory of the driver. Then uninstall the driver and reinstall with the modded inf. Check the FAQ section of this forum for more details.

NOt even close, I had a 7600 in a FSC Pi :)

Download the modded inf from this site and replace the original one with it in the extraction directory of the driver. Then uninstall the driver and reinstall with the modded inf. Check the FAQ section of this forum for more details.

Thanks for the advice. But I went through all steps in the installation guide with modded INF. My laptop CRASHED during the installation process with Blue Screen (something about nv4_mini or so problem). So, I uninstall this crap in a Safe Mode and installed the Dell drivers (84.69). Everything was back. But I never fixed the Civ 4 problem.

So, whoever did the modded INF has to fix the nv4_mini bug.

Thanks for advice. I will try to install the 94.24 version that is posted on the nVidia website w/ modded INF from this site. Let's see what would happen.