LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GO 7950 --> M8 Upgrade

XAKEP

I just spoke with someone from DELL assembly and they confirm that MXM chip from GO 7950 and GO 7900 will be compatible with M8 cards ... at list for 8700M GT

post-780-1175677350_thumb.png

Dell doesn't use MXM, never has and probably never will, so what are you talking about?

Are you saying that the current M1710 will accept the high end Dell 8700M GT and possible 8800M GT when Dell makes them available?

• 3 weeks later...

MXM chip? wtf? MXM graphic cards maybe?

• 2 weeks later...
I just spoke with someone from DELL assembly and they confirm that MXM chip from GO 7950 and GO 7900 will be compatible with M8 cards ... at list for 8700M GT
What are you talken about ?ALL new dell systems using Laptop Video card as MXM ... so you can replace it or upgrade it if you want it ... there is a lot more to it ... size, heat, voltage .. a I think a lot more .. but who I am to talk about MXM in DELL that does not even real ... :)
Dell doesn't use MXM, never has and probably never will, so what are you talking about?Are you saying that the current M1710 will accept the high end Dell 8700M GT and possible 8800M GT when Dell makes them available?
MY BAD|What are you talken about ?ALL new dell systems using Laptop Video card as MXM ... so you can replace it or upgrade it if you want it ... there is a lot more to it ... size, heat, voltage .. a I think a lot more .. but who I am to talk about MXM in DELL that does not even real ... Edited by XAKEP

Dell has never used MXM. They are using a modular card of their own, but it is not MXM.