LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v165.01 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Guest Jorge

this driver boost performance for 3dmark,

but i have problems with games usch as

FEAR.....on interval 2, the crash when try to auto save

Doom...this game would not play...

Riddick...same as above...have some problem with the open gl....

other games like GRAW 1 n 2, R6 Vegas, FEAR XP, MOH PA, Comp of Heroes...they all play very well.

i found this driver works very strange,

cuz when i play FEAR suddenly the FPS boost up to 120 fps...but when i tried again its drop to only 20-30fps... :)

i still waiting for the better driver from laptopvideo2go.....in the mean time i stick with 158.45.....so far no problem...

this site is really big help.... :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• ®®®

• _bare

• Crion

Hello, I have a question: will there be any new driver which supports nVidia PowerMizer on Win Vista32?

TIA

Milan

Guest Guest

I myself find that the driver section is very confusing. The dates and versions are totally mess up.

You got so many drivers it is incredible. And you ask yourself ( ok, which one I use, I see 1.xx0 that is new today but the 1.xx4 dated 2 weeks ago WTF? )

I am sorry but the driver section is not very clear and not organized. Dont be surprise from people reaction and asking which is which.

Maybe easy for the moderator...but since it is the MODERATOR...maybe it is you that putting up the drivers and you understand only yourself which one are new.

Whats even more confusing and annoying is people not logging in and saying who they are, very hard to help a nobody.

The driver page couldn't be easier to use, just sort the drivers any which way you like.

I can't help the way nVidia releases drivers, they have 4 different series on the go, complain to them, we do our best to keep it simple :)

Ohh, and is there a reason the driver versions are so messed up and out of sequence?

This and the 3 Guest posts above it are mine. Sorry, I didn't know my user name still existed here :)

I still have the question of why the version numbers are so weird. Which ones do I trust for the most current release?

GOTO the driver page and sort them by date this will then give you list of driver dates (released from nV)

From here you can also link back here to see any feedback

Tha release date is also on the post header (2nd line)

Just means a little more clicking :)

This site is great, I'm really glad, I can get my drivers here.

But it's strange that driver with highest number: 165.01 has this old date: 2007-04-12. Idon't get that.

Anyways thanx for all this :)

I'm not sure if this is speculation anymore but the reason for this that I have learned is as follows:

The latest version in a main line will provide the most bugfixes. Example, 165.01 will be the first of the line and 165.99 being the last and supposedly the most fixes. 166 would be the start of a new addition to the driver, possibly a new card and 166.99 will contain the bugfixes for the 166 line. I'm not sure what constitutes such a wide range of releases except for the fact we get many drivers from OEMs which request fixes for the version that best works and was heavily tested for their systems. This means you're constantly getting updates for older versions that contain a newer date.

Seems reasonable. Not sure if this is the complete answer.

I installed these drivers on my Alienware Area51 5550 with a 256 Go 7600.

Everything works fina (including multiple monitors), but no OpenGL.

If I try to start Prey, I get the "video card/driver combination does not support features" message.

Also, if I try to run Google Earth in OpenGL mode, it falls back to software emulation.

It's as if there is no OpenGL ICD in these drivers.

I've tried other drivers from this site, but so far the 165.01 drivers are the only ones that fully support multiple monitors on this system.

What's up with OpenGL?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Guest

Hi there. I also used the 165.01 driver and i experienced a boost in all games. But there is a very annoying bug. When i return from hibernating the screen stays in complete darkness. Everyone else with the same problem (and maybe a solution)? Thanks

Guest Kristoffer

Yes, but it's not when it returns from hibernating. It just happens after a while after installing the driver...... Otherwise, it works fine for me.. A strange bug..

The solution for the dark screen: Uninstall the driver, start up in safe mode, run Driver Sweeper, then restart and install the driver again. It works for me.

Guest Carlsagan43

Hello. I installed this driver, and my 8600m gt on a dell inspiron 1520 actually did get a higher score on 3dmark03. However, When playing and Valve online games (counterstrike source, half-life 2 deathmatch, etc.) I get random lag spikes in some areas. I tried running my own server just to see if it really was the video card and the lag spikes remained. CSS claims that the fps is over 100 but the comes to a complete stop for up to 1 second at a time in certain areas. Juts thought someone else might have a similar problem.

Guest liakjim
The solution for the dark screen: Uninstall the driver, start up in safe mode, run Driver Sweeper, then restart and install the driver again. It works for me.

Did that but with no luck. :) I think i just wait for new drivers to come up.

You're talking about using the setup.exe instead of the update driver method, right? I found that that worked for me too. However, I still do not have OpenGL support. Anyone know anything about this?

A simple indication of which drivers have OpenGL support can be determined by looking at the file size.

Only the drivers that are 30MB+ have the OpenGL drivers. The 165.1 driver is only about half the size (15MB) which indicates that it doesn't contain the OpenGL drivers. You need to install either the 163.11 or the 162.22 (if you want the WHQL version) to get OpenGL support (for now).

Did that but with no luck. :) I think i just wait for new drivers to come up.

Well, mediecenter ain't working with this driver for me. It's lagging all the time.. And i intend to use MC a lot :P But I'm sure Nvidia soon will make a very nice driver :)

Guest jobski

hi guys, i have an Acer 5920g notebook.

im trying to connect it to my hdtv via vga out, my hdtv support 1080i but the nvidia control panel doesn't have any settings for interlaced hdtv format. even hdtv settings are not there. btw, it has an 8600m gt video card. any help? thanks!

Guest Guest

can someone plz verify this:

after i return from the standby mode my LCD remains black but I can hear the system return...HDD activity is also there

but this driver fixed the FOG issue in CSS! nice!

Guest m0d3rn

I installed this version on my hp pavilion 6500t w/ NVIDIA 8400 GS... When I put the laptop to sleep then try to resume it the screen doesn't turn on...

any suggestions on how to fix this?

thanks

Guest Gubanotorious

I am running a MacBook Pro Santa Rosa (2.4ghz, 256mb 8600M), and this driver installs fine - however for some reason the external DVI registers ALL external monitors as having a max resolution of 1024x768.

Does anyone know if there is a fix planned for this? It's a substantial issue considering I can't run my $1900 30" Cinema Display that I bought with the MBP under Vista.

Going back to the 162.18, as they are the fastest/smoothest vista 32-bit drivers to date for the 8600m GT... They play everything, and give the best benchmark scores... Too bad you guys can't get rivatuner to work with them (as they cannot be overclocked). :)

Edited by ZWARE